News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

moderation/confirmation of new messages

Started by andr2, March 20, 2010, 05:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andr2

Dear All,

Please, advise where in Admin panel should I turn on the moderation of new messages received.

Kind regards
Andrey

Chas Large

This facility is only built into SMF 2.0.

I thought there was a mod for 1.x.xx but I cannot find it at present. I'll ask my colleagues if they know of it.

Which version of 1.x.xx are you running?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

andr2

Dear Chas,

Thanks in advance. I use 1.1.11.

Chas Large

Hello Andr2,

The best mod I can find to do this for 1.x.xx is this Visual Warning Mod. It's designed to help with moderation but adds post moderation into the mix. It may not be what you want as you have to issue the member with a warning first but I guess that could be tailored to your needs.

The built in Post Moderation in 2.0 works well once set up but as it's still in release candidate, it's not recommended for a live forum. Hopefully the public release of 2.0 won't be too far off.

HTH

Chas
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: