News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Godaddy Grid Hosting

Started by GohighVoltage, March 21, 2010, 11:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GohighVoltage

delete

青山 素子

Quote from: GohighVoltage on March 21, 2010, 11:57:58 AM
Switched everything over, and forum works good, thankfully,  but my PHP Link directory would not work any more.   I spent hours with Godaddy support and they said it was the php scripting.   I spoke with the programmer of PHP link directory and he worked on it for hours, was a huge help,  but still could not get it to work.   Really odd.

Sounds like a configuration issue on the host's side.

Quote from: GohighVoltage on March 21, 2010, 11:57:58 AM
BUT,   you can only have 200 connections to your database.  So does this mean that only 200 users on my forum can be on at one time, and then after 200,  it does not work?

A single user doesn't count for a single database connection. In a simplistic view, every time a page loads, it opens up a database connection and closes when the page loads. This means you can have more than 200 people viewing your forum, they just all can't be loading pages at the same time.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

bezirk

I went through a similar process, I copied all my files to one of my other domains on the "Grid Server" then restored the database, I did this so I could make sure that it was up and running before I took the one on the "Legacy Server" down, once I was happy with it I changed the Legacy Servers domain in order to release the domain I needed when it became available I changed the site on the new Grid Server to the correct domain. Everything was great until I closed the Legacy Server account then my database disappeared. I called up support (many times) they kept telling me that it was a scripting error as well but every time they gave me some BS I went in and looked at the script and it was fine, they thought that the script was referring to the wrong DB but it wasn't the correct DB had dissappearded when the Legacy account was closed (how random is that) once I finally figured out that the new DB was missing, they wanted $150 to it I told they were out of their minds and that it was just too much of a coincidence that it went down 20 min after I closed the Legacy Account after working great all day, the script doesn't wait all day before it goes wrong, I had a backup copy of the DB but they put it back on their own, I think they realized that the screw up was on their end.

I have noticed absolutely no change in performance good or bad.

Advertisement: