News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

profile fubar due to series of dumb mistakes. help!

Started by cosoa, March 22, 2010, 05:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosoa

Hey guys, newbie here...I tried installing Ultimate Profile on RC3, and it tested fine, so I was surprised to get the following error:

QuoteUnknown column 'com.time' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/c/a/r/cartographette/html/nodr/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 257

In true ditzy form, I did a little Google search and found a solution from last year, and for some reason it didn't occur to me that that fix probably didn't work anymore. In retrospect I have no idea why I imagined this was a good idea, but I followed the advice here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=319482.0 ...regarding downloading the attached database and running it. I got a fatal error which I unfortunately forgot to copy down.

So I deleted the database.php file and went to go uninstall the Ultimate Profile. Unfortunately there was no uninstall button available (argh) so I deleted it, because, as previously mentioned, I am a huge ditz. I guess the popup warning saying "hey no don't do that" didn't phase me.

Now it appears to be stuck on the error and I don't have any idea what to do. This is definitely a PEBCAK situation, but I'd really like my profile to be working again! Anybody want to help out a dumb blonde? My days of playing it fast and loose with mods are at an end.

Senkusha

I would suggest to unpack the RC3 install.zip, and upload a fresh copy of Profile.php and Profile.template.php to your forum directory.  Or, you could just upload the Update RC3.zip and run it, and you'll get a 'fresh' RC3 installation (posts will remain intact).
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Advertisement: