News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mambo & smf 1.1b3 Login Blues :(

Started by Tony Reid, August 22, 2005, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Reid

Ive been searching around and can find various topics related to this - but none seem to be clearing up my problem.

I now have mambo and SMF installed(wrapped) in the same DB and running pretty much ok.

The issue is that to login - I need to go to the unwrapped page of smf and log in there. This does not log in for mambo though - just SMF. I cannot login using the SMF module for mambo - it just refreshes the page.

I do not have sessions or local cookies turned on in SMF - and the file permissions have been set to 777.

I noticed somewere a mention of 2 packages in SMF - but I only have one, I take it that was a previous requirement?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tony Reid

xenovanis

Did you close your forum for guests? Is the menu-item published for public?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Tony Reid

Hi,

Guests can view but not post and the menu item is public.

Tony
Tony Reid

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Tony Reid

Thanks for helping.

Tony

*URL Removed by Tony :)
Tony Reid

xenovanis

I'm thinking step 1 wasn't completed properly or at all.

Can you check wheter the file MOS_SMF.php is actually in your forum/Sources direcory? Can you also check wheter the modifications you'll find in the file mambo.mod (unzip the file smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz) were executed correct?

Tony Reid

MOS_SMF.php wasnt in there earlier - so I pulled it in - however I'll now take  a wander through the mambo.mod file to make sure that each bit was done :)

Thanks again,
Tony
Tony Reid

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

Advertisement: