Simpleboard conversion - with attachments

Started by vavroom, May 30, 2005, 12:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Unfortunately, that probably means the path was wrong for all of them... hmm..

This is the path it is trying:
/home/user1/public_html//components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/file.jpg

This, I presume, is the path it should try:

/home/user2/public_html/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/file.jpg

What is the actual path of the file?

-[Unknown]

vavroom

Hmmm indeed...

The images are in:
/home/user2/public_html/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/file.jpg

The DB references that as:
/home/user2/public_html//components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/file.jpg
(note the double forward slash before components, I have no idea why it's there).

Nic
The longer you stare at the screen, the blanker it gets...

[Unknown]

What if you use this:

// While this is most likely NOT the quickest way it is the easiest to debug/tell what is happening.
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{
// Since Simpleboard stores the absolute path and doesn't keep a directory setting, we need to find the basename of the file.
$filename = basename($row['filelocation']);

if (!copy(strtr($row['filelocation'], array('//' => '/')), $attachmentDir . '/' . $filename))
continue;

$filesize = filesize($attachmentDir . '/' . $filename);

$setString .= "
($nextID, $filesize, 0, '" . addslashes($filename) . "', $row[ID_MSG]),";

$nextID++;
}

-[Unknown]

vavroom

Nope, that didn't do it either...

Tell you what...  I'll install SMF on the real domain, try the conversion script there.  Then I'll report.  Kinda pointless to bang heads against walls any longer on a test situation. :)  If it works fine on the "live" site, then we're happy....  If not, then we dig! :)

Again, thank you *very* much for the assistance.
Nic

vavroom

Happy happy joy joy...  Tried it on the live server, and it worked.  Thank you *so* much :)

For some funky reason, SSH is not letting me copy all the files, but that's not a problem for here.

For another funky reason, only one attachment per post is showing, but that could be related to the file copy issue.

In any case, it's worked well enough to make me happy and confident that it was going to work out.

This conversion was a make-or-break part of the deal in order to use SMF.  Sooo, I'm glad it all works out in the end.  Thanks y'all.
Nic

Kirby

glad you got it sorted out, happy foruming :)

gredalkin1

I just converted my simpleboard to smf using your conversion tool - it worked flawlessly. Just perfect. Took only one Minute. Incredible. Thank you so much for this small wonderful piece of software!  :D :D :D

dimian

Hello,
tried the script but as result a got an "internal server error 500". What could be the cause?
Bye
dimian

[Unknown]

Does anything show in your Apache error log?

-[Unknown]

dimian

Hi,
I've not access to the apache error log (my site is in shared hosting).
Anyway I have the possibility to see some error log (I don't know if it is correct or not): it says that a file hxxp:mysite.com/home/favicon.ico [nonactive] is missing.
I don't know if this can help.
Bye
dimian

Kirby

favicon.ico has nothing to do with it o.O

Philz

Hi, I also want to switch from simpleboard to SMF. This is a fairly long thread, is someone so nice to tell me which files to get, and how to make the switch?
Thanks in advance.
Philz

Kirby

Hi,
Install SMF first.

If you are using SMF 1.0, upload this script into your SMF directory:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=37265.0;attach=7414

If you are using SMF 1.1, check out the SMF 1.1 converter topic.

Advertisement: