News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help in restoring database after crash

Started by Wonga, March 27, 2010, 01:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonga

I've fixed up several errors in the database thanks to the info found here but I can't find any reference to the following error

SQL query:

-- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table `smf_mgallery_log_ratings` --

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.or' at line 7

can someone please tell me where the error is so I can adjust it.. and hopefully restore my forum.. Thanks

Wonga

I still need help with this.. thanks anyone?

Senkusha

what's the contents of (I'm guessing) your index.php file??  at line 7.  It looks like you're trying to run a query from your index file.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Senkusha on March 28, 2010, 11:36:55 AM
what's the contents of (I'm guessing) your index.php file??  at line 7.  It looks like you're trying to run a query from your index file.

That is a database restoration error. Not a File error.

---
How are you restoring the database?
Try using bigdump or restore_backup.php incase that helps you restore the database.

Senkusha

--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Wonga

there are lots of sql commands..

I have managed to restore the forum by reinstalling 1.1 and upgrading back to 2 RC3 - however

all the posts from the November09 backup are present and accounted for however

the posts from the backup on the 26th ( last Friday ) although showing in the sql database are not showing on the forum itself but the post count reflects the stats as from the 26th

I am still receiving the above error in post one - and the posts aren't showing on the forum

SQL query:

-- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table `smf_mgallery_log_ratings` --

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.or' at line 7

Wonga

did a forum maintenance and recovered all the lost posts from the sql file but all members PM's have gone since November ...

Skhilled

The error seems to say there is something wrong with the `smf_mgallery_log_ratings` table. I believe that is for SMF Media Gallery and holds info for the ratings or logs who rated what. If you do not need that info then empty it and it might work.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

As your host to restore it for you. All you have to do is upload the .sql into your file manager. There is a command for hosters on their server's which bypasses the errors and brings you the rest of the available data. Sometimes it just gives you everything manupulating things itself.

Advertisement: