News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Guest issue

Started by Javeed, March 27, 2010, 05:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javeed

hello every one, am not sure am i asking help in the correct board,

am running Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3 | SMF © 2006–2010, Simple Machines LLC
Theme  Mysticjade by Dziner Studio

my problem is , before i used outline, that time i have installed registered mod, that time guest mode can see text r image of the post only download links disable for guest,

now i upgraded mah forum and instaled mysticjade theme, now guest only can see interface of the forum, when guest enter in to the post, it ridericting to login page,

i want to fix this thing like previous option

i hope any one of u help me in this, thanks

regards
y-java.com

Arantor

Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > Allow guests to browse the forum

Javeed

Quote from: Arantor on March 27, 2010, 06:58:16 AM
Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > Allow guests to browse the forum

Thanks mate to move this topic in de right section, and glad to see reply here,

this not worked mate check this images

After trying to view post in guest mode

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Check the permissions.

Are guest's allowed to read topic?

Furthermore, if that is allowed, go in the board which shows this message and Modify it. Tick the "Guests" in the usergroup area.

Arantor

Well, you've probably got a mod involved that changes this.

I refuse to help you any further since this is a warez site.

rd

Is this that Spanish warez site?

Arantor

Nah, it's a different one but I still won't help warez sites once I know they're warez sites.

Joker™

but i think this is serious issue .... even if it is a warez but the issue is serious .... we must try to  figure out the error
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Arantor

Quote from: sid2varun on March 29, 2010, 02:33:45 AM
but i think this is serious issue .... even if it is a warez but the issue is serious .... we must try to  figure out the error

I am under no obligation to help, nor are the team - it is a matter of personal choice whether they will offer help in this matter.

Joker™

Quote from: Arantor on March 29, 2010, 03:12:47 AM
Quote from: sid2varun on March 29, 2010, 02:33:45 AM

I am under no obligation to help, nor are the team - it is a matter of personal choice whether they will offer help in this matter.

not to offend u bro ... but if the smf script is available for warez sites then warez people must get some sort of support also.... else smf should stop provide script to warez site also ......... just my view :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Arantor

SMF is available for everyone. Just I choose not to provide support for warez sites. Neither will half the team - but it's their personal choice. There is no rule that says the team must or must not help warez sites, but the team members generally feel pretty strongly about it.

Javeed

hmmm so bro,  there is no solution for mah issue? and for warez site in your point , they wont get help here it seems? is it,

chilly

1. im sure there is but 2. pretends most users from searching for the solution.

Language Coordinator

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I just gave you the solution! read my previous post!

Joker™

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on March 29, 2010, 12:58:36 PM
I just gave you the solution! read my previous post!

bro as per images shown by him
1. guests are allowed to browse  the forum
2. also if guests weren't ticked for boards ,then they wouldn't be able to see the boards even....
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

There are two things I suggested, are both done?

Javeed

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on March 30, 2010, 12:17:23 PM
There are two things I suggested, are both done?

Hello bro , yap i have tried what ya said in your previous post, still guest cant read post, they can only see the board, after click in post, its redirecting to login page,

Wat u said in your previous post i have tried, :(

I hope i wil get the solution soon, thnx in advance...

greyknight17

Has this issue been resolved now? Do you have the View Only Boards mod installed by any chance? List all the mods you have installed.

Joker™

i checked his site , it's still the same
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

jimbouk1977

I had this issue & it was due to the spider access mod !."http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1546"  had me perplexed for a while hence why i was searching so this is down to a mod installed for sure..  ;)

So if i was a mod id say its solved !.
Might be a stupid question but its how you learn

Using SMF 2.0.1  & SP

~DS~

I can see boards, topics, and posts just fine as a guest now, seem the OP had fixed.
Marking this as solved, please feel free to unmark it if this issue persists.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Javeed

Hey Guys Thanks alot, Spider Access mod was the prob, now everything back to normal, thanks alot guys for ya kind eplus n info... jimbouk1977Dismal Shadow

PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS

Advertisement: