SSI, return to the page after login (not the board index)

Started by MultiformeIngegno, March 28, 2010, 07:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

That's OK.

One more try.  Change it to this:

$context['session_id'] = &$_SESSION['session_value'];
$x = ssi_logOnline('array');

MultiformeIngegno

Unfortunately it's yet the same... :-\  :(
Seems complicated!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Orstio

Then I'm done.  I don't see a way of fixing this without ripping out all of SMF 2.0's session code and replacing it with 1.1's.  :(

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Orstio on April 11, 2010, 04:55:48 PM
Then I'm done.  I don't see a way of fixing this without ripping out all of SMF 2.0's session code and replacing it with 1.1's.  :(
Anyway it's not an issue with all the 2.0 branch... with RC2 it worked!
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Orstio

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on April 11, 2010, 05:49:18 PM

There are 45 known security issues in RC2.  Using that is not an option, either.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Orstio on April 11, 2010, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on April 11, 2010, 05:49:18 PM

There are 45 known security issues in RC2.  Using that is not an option, either.
:o

Now we only need to hope that devs read the relative issue in the tracker (added by Norv). Session verification is a fundamental part of smf, and issues with it IMHO need to be fixed absolutely!

Orstio

Well, if it doesn't get fixed, I know it's a deal-breaker for me.  I can't have a forum that won't integrate.  I've already been sniffing around PunBB to analyze the feasability of converting.  Really makes me wish I hadn't upgraded to any version of 2.0. :(

Nao 尚

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on March 28, 2010, 07:00:10 PM
Hello! :)
I've some pages that loads ssi stuff, all is working properly, except that if an user logs in in that page, instead of remain there he's redirected to the board index... is it possible to remain in the page after login instead of been redirected to the board index?
Oh... That answers one of the questions I was asking over here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374064.msg2659051#msg2659051
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Nao 尚

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on March 29, 2010, 04:31:47 AM
Thanks... however I can't test this because I noticed that everytime I login from my ssi pages (that work properly, all is displayed fine!) I receive a "password wrong" error, also if it's right...
Now you can do it, eheh.

Food for thought (for devs): how about setting up SSI to set a default value for $_SESSION['login_url'] if it doesn't already have one? We could set it to the current URL...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Nao on June 14, 2010, 07:55:02 AM
Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on March 29, 2010, 04:31:47 AM
Thanks... however I can't test this because I noticed that everytime I login from my ssi pages (that work properly, all is displayed fine!) I receive a "password wrong" error, also if it's right...
Now you can do it, eheh.
Done.. :D

Quote from: Nao on June 14, 2010, 07:55:02 AM
Food for thought (for devs): how about setting up SSI to set a default value for $_SESSION['login_url'] if it doesn't already have one? We could set it to the current URL...
I was wondering this too.. instead of specify the url of the login/logout url, how can I simply disable the redirection to the board index? The best should be that the user remains to the page where he logged in/out..

Nao 尚

I know that in some rare cases, a server may not always provide the current URL in headers (such as REQUEST_URI), but it can always be rebuilt one way or another... At worst, the referrer URL could also be used (if it's filled in. If it isn't, well, don't bother.)

MultiformeIngegno

So the code to remain on the same page should be this (without an url..)?

$_SESSION['login_url'] = '' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
$_SESSION['logout_url'] = '' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

Nao 尚

Well, since we're in SSI pages, it's not likely you'll be using a '?' format in your URL... You could just as well be using things like "index,hello.html" or "/page/"... Etc.

Advertisement: