News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Guest2

Started by _pi, January 29, 2010, 03:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_pi

i want to show members from another forum an example how i would organize content.
but i don't want to register them, they just need to see the board structure i created.

i need a solution where they automatically become for short time a member in a group with view permissions.

do you have an idea?

Burridge

Do you mean you want to show people (Without them logging in) a board or something?

_pi

yes. i need to give them a special link where they can only view.

Burridge

That can be done by permissions.

Board Permissions:
http://i48.tinypic.com/21jt8g5.jpg

Ticking the "Guest" box will allow guests to see that forum.

_pi

my usual guests should not see Guests2 boards.

Burridge

If you've made a member-group called "Guest2" then just do for them, what I showed you to do with normal guests above.

_pi

i need to give my folks a link where guest2 permissions are activated while browser session.

Kill Em All

There can only be one kind of guest on a forum. You can't have one guest in one membergroup and another guest in another membergroup.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

KensonPlays

"Guest2" would basically be a loggedin member...

MrPhil

You'd have to create a "SpecialGuest" member, with limited permissions (read-only), and give the username and password out to everyone you want to have see this. Other groups and guests could be denied permission to view these special boards. The point is, there is only one kind of "guest", and anyone else must be logged in, making them non-guests.

Advertisement: