Remove images from Quotes

Started by Chas Large, March 30, 2010, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno36

I use the French language and I have edit the file Modifications.french-utf8.php
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

aw06

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 02, 2010, 04:58:12 AM
I use the French language and I have edit the file Modifications.french-utf8.php

Ok ok, will have to wait for mod author to respond then..
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Chas Large

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 02, 2010, 04:04:29 AM
Hello!

The mod does not work on my forum.
When I quote a message I still see the image
http://www.scooter-chinois-4t.com/poubelle/t3428/new/#new

login: invite
Passe: 123456
Can you upload a copy of your subs.php file so I can inspect the installation.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Chas Large

Hello Bruno,

I have checked the file and the mod is installed correctly in the right place. However, I regret that I am unable to test it due to the other mods you have installed there. One is AEVA Gallery I believe.

As I mentioned earlier in this topic, it would be impossible for me to check and test compatibility with every other mod available.

There are really only two things you can do.
1. Remove other mods that are installed in the subs.php file to see which one is affecting this mod, it may be one of more are causing the conflict and I regret I am unable to troubleshoot conflicts with other mods. If you discover which one is stopping this mod from operating, let me know and I'll see if I can produce a workaround.
2. Remove my mod and try one of the others mentioned by Arantor above.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

kaamaru

Didn't work on my forum. I'm using SMF RC3. The images did not change into a link on any themes.

Chas Large

Quote from: kaamaru on January 12, 2011, 10:55:56 AM
Didn't work on my forum. I'm using SMF RC3. The images did not change into a link on any themes.
This mod has been tested on RC2/3 and 4 and works on many different forums so I can only conclude there was either an error when the mod was installed or it is clashing with another mod.

If you follow the manual instructions from the mod page, you can check if the items were installed correctly.

ACAMS

This works fine in SMF Default theme, but only has (.) in the image link in my other themes

The other themes don't have a Modifications.english.php in the Themes/Other Theme/languages folder.

Anybody have any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Chas Large

The mod picks up the text to be placed in the quote from the default theme's language Modifications.english.php file, there should be no need for it to be elsewhere. If you are not using the English language then you may need to insert the text into the Modifications.yourlanguage.php file in the default/language directory.

ACAMS

I have only english, and have double quadruple checked all the files and they are where they should be.

I made a topic in SMF 2.x Support http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=post;msg=2914702;topic=417311.0

About error codes I was getting...... had 15,873 this AM

I installed Remove Image From Quote mod only like 2-3 hours ago and have 3253 errors already.

Here is a link to the mod.....I had to install by hand  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2430

Reverse chronological order of list Today at 11:52:33 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session adde243825add74ab5e1e77e8a8ff2a5
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined

here are the two errors I get.....2 different lines in Subs.php (attached)

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=2411.135
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined index: remove_image_from_post
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/gametechmods/gametechmods.com/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1352       

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=2411.135
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined index: remove_image_from_post
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/gametechmods/gametechmods.com/forums/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1360

I need help correcting this as I am out of ideas.

ACAMS

Here is my Subs.php.....does everything look OK, as I had to copy to Word, then move to Notepad++ to get it to line up right, and then I still had to move the lines up.

ACAMS

I fixed it by adding an index.php to the Languages folder of the themes that were setting off the error.

THANKS for the help......problem solved and all is working properly now.....like this mod as I have idiots that will quote LONG pages of images.

Chas Large

Well done ACAMS, I guess the index.php file must have been accidentally deleted somehow ??? it's not changed as part of the mod.

y-chan

This is a very useful mod, thanks!

Just a question ... This mod does not work with images mentioned in a spoiler tag.. something like:

[quote]
[spoiler][img]http://url-to-image[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

Is there a way to include the spoiler tag in the subs.php process?

Chas Large

Quote from: y-chan on February 01, 2011, 01:33:35 AM
This is a very useful mod, thanks!

Just a question ... This mod does not work with images mentioned in a spoiler tag.. something like:

[quote]
[spoiler][img]http://url-to-image[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

Is there a way to include the spoiler tag in the subs.php process?
Sorry, don't quite understand the question. Do you want to install the spoiler mod or modify the remove quotes mod to make it work within a spoiler tag?
From my experience, the BBC parser has difficulty with some combinations of codes, even thngs like colour+bold+size don't always work. It could be difficult.

y-chan

Whoops! ... I'm sorry, I did not know how to explain.

I have installed the mod Spoiler and when the image is within the label, the mod does not work to remove images.
likewise, you have already cleared my doubt. I see that it would be difficult to change this mod to work with the mod Spoiler.

thank you very much, I keep looking.

pikeman

Chas Large

Quote from: y-chan on February 01, 2011, 04:38:57 AM
Whoops! ... I'm sorry, I did not know how to explain.

I have installed the mod Spoiler and when the image is within the label, the mod does not work to remove images.
likewise, you have already cleared my doubt. I see that it would be difficult to change this mod to work with the mod Spoiler.

thank you very much, I keep looking.
Apologies for not responding earlier, I have also received the following via PM, which is a similar issue to your question

Quote from: another memberHello, I make use of its modification referring to remove images of citations ... But I noticed that in an image using a tag like this:

Code: [Select]

[center] Image [/center]

the image is still visible in the quote ... what do I do?

grateful for the attention :)

Where two mods affect an image in a post, the one that surrounds the image wins. My mod cannot remove an image that is within the tags of another BBCode. Sorry.

Robert.

Wiejeben

Thank you very much :) This modification is really useful, it keeps everything a lot cleaner.
But is there a way to apply this to all excising posts? If not, well, nah don't mind it it's fine :P

Greetings,
Maarten

Advertisement: