News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Boards as Links

Started by estrides, March 31, 2010, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

estrides

When you click on a board you can go in and see the topics that have been posted.

But, how about you make it so that the board can be a link to something itself.

I've seen it done on other forums.

Yes...no?

Arantor

You mean like the bug tracker forum on here? (See the Bug Reports parent forum, then under it is Bugtracker as a child board)

It's a mod for 1.1, built in to 2.0 as standard.

estrides

what? No, it's not a bug, i want to know if i can actually do it.

I want the category to be a link to a different website.

Arantor

*headdesk*

* Arantor reads his post again.

Go to the front page. Go to where the Bug Reports board is. Under it is a child board, Bugtracker. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU ASKED FOR. IT'S A CORE FEATURE LIKE I SAID.

estrides

I apologize, i looked through the bug tracker and i filtered it for version 1.1.11, i still don't see what you mentioned, is there any way you can tell me the name of this mod so i can search for it?

Arantor

*headdesk* IT IS NOT ON THE BUG TRACKER. I WAS USING THAT AS AN EXAMPLE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE THE OTHER USE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me make it EVEN MORE CLEAR.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=137.0

Do you see the second child board there?! THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE ASKING FOR. THAT IS WHAT I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT.

The mod is called Redirection Boards.

estrides

I understand now, but the way it was worded, just said to go to the board and that there was a feature in there that was a perfect example of what i was looking for.

Once again, I apologize. Thank you for your help though!

Advertisement: