News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Downloads section question

Started by Smucky, April 03, 2010, 11:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smucky

Hiya, a little help here, please?

Okay, I've recently been made administrator for the gaming clan that I'm in - www dot usk-clan dot com and am still getting used to the power of the admin section of the forum.
The guy who I've stepped in for is currently really busy doing his phd diploma stuff and I've got some really big shoes to fill in my new position; I could really use a few pointers, but I can't contact him very easily.

The downloads section in the forum doesn't seem to work any more since we changed our domain a while ago; I assume that this would be the problem, as I'm getting an error message - "Warning Downloads path is not writable! /home/c597723/public_html/forum/downloads/" and the downloads URL is "hxxp://usk2.clanservers.com/forum/downloads/", which is from our old domain, I assume.

Based on our new website address, do any of you guys know what the correct entries in the 'downloads path' and 'downloads URL' in the downloads configuration section of the admin menu should be?

I'm still learning with all this admin of the forum stuff, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

vbgamer45

Get the correct downloads path from going to Admin -> Server Settings
Copy the sources path and remove the \Sources and change it to /downloads/

The downloads url should be http://www.yourforum.com/downloads/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Smucky

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 03, 2010, 11:56:20 PM
Get the correct downloads path from going to Admin -> Server Settings
Copy the sources path and remove the \Sources and change it to /downloads/

The downloads url should be hxxp:www.yourforum.com/downloads/ [nonactive]

Simple machines hero?  Hell, yeah. :)
Thanks, bud.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: