News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Does my forum load too slow?

Started by irtiza104, April 06, 2010, 07:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irtiza104

Recently i have been told by my friend that my sites loading speed is awful. but as far as i know, it loads moderately quickly. That's why i need your advice on this. Does the forum really load slow? then what should i do?

thanks.
http://bangladeshtalks.com

rd

Doesn't really feel slow to me but it might be because of you oversold hosting service. Other accounts are using more memory and your site is suffering.

I hope you don't have a long contract with them... Who are they O.o

bullbreedluverz

ive just tried it several times and each time it loads quick for me at the moment, maybe its different depending on time of day etc when more people could be using the resources of the server your site is hosted on

rd

Your website is about Bangledesh, thus it's likely that most visitors are from Bangledesh. I'm pretty sure you know that Bangledesh has bad Internet service. If your site is in an oversold environment and hosted in USA then your site won't seem as fast as a site hosted in India, Japan or even UK.

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: Royalduke™ on April 06, 2010, 08:10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure you know that Bangledesh has bad Internet service.

a lot people in that part of the world have to use mobile fone dongles for their internet as there simply isnt any wired/fiber optic broadband and achieve peak speeds something like 512kb/s  and ive heard people complaigning about sites being slow to load, page hangs, and not connecting to the server (like complaints about my own site being slow then found out they had 512kb/s maximum spped) so when people complaign about slow speeds ask them what net they use, i have 20mb broadband and its fine for me but if you ent on the best of hosting and people arent using highspeed internet then they will get slow page loads

rd

From what I know, most people in Bangladesh use mobile broadband flashdrives to connect to the internet.

Ashley S

Or it's just your mate with slow internet connection :).

DoctorMalboro

Clean your cookies and caché because sometimes that's the problem :P

irtiza104

Quote from: Royalduke™ on April 06, 2010, 07:53:56 AM
Doesn't really feel slow to me but it might be because of you oversold hosting service. Other accounts are using more memory and your site is suffering.

I hope you don't have a long contract with them... Who are they O.o

I have a contract of 1 year  :'( and its godaddy

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Your website loads fine. You should not worry yet even though its godaddy. Once you start getting messages from them, thats the time to cry and worry. :)

irtiza104

Thanks guys for your feedback.... one less thing worry about for me now  :D

Yes, lots of people in bangladesh use mobile phones to connect to the internet. Thats why i feel very lucky to have a broadband optic fiber net in my home. Even though the line is sometimes "unavailable" i am content.  ;D

irtiza104

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on April 06, 2010, 12:57:27 PM
Your website loads fine. You should not worry yet even though its godaddy. Once you start getting messages from them, thats the time to cry and worry. :)

One more thing to worry about  :-[  :-\  :-X

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

You already started to get the messages? huh!

If so, then that is stuuuupiidd!!

irtiza104

No, still didnt receive any massages from them. When will that happen?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: irtiza104 on April 06, 2010, 01:07:32 PM
No, still didnt receive any massages from them. When will that happen?

It will only happen when you go beyond what they don't expect you to go.

Basically, over server resource usage.

It is a good thing that you don't get any messages. :)

rd

That will happen when you get some traffic. The only reason Godaddy is in business is because of their ads when buying domains.

irtiza104

Yes thats true. I found out about godaddy from actually EVERYWHERE...from my yahoomail, from the websites i visit...everywhere. but i should have googled about them more.

I guess good ad campaign can actually sell everything.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Its the money, not the adv. Adverts are fairly okay, the distribution of them is huge due to the money they put into advertising.

Advertisement: