Upgrate from SMF 2.0 RC2 to the last version

Started by tatack, April 04, 2010, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flapjack

Themes and layout/Manage and install/Install new theme/Create a copy of Default named:

flapjack

delete all three lines and put a desired name in the last one. this will create another folder with all necessary files inside. and then remember to change default theme!

tatack

Quote from: flapjack on April 05, 2010, 10:43:15 AM
Themes and layout/Manage and install/Install new theme/Create a copy of Default named:
Ok, done. So when I'll upgrade the forum this folder will not be deleted?

Quote from: flapjack on April 05, 2010, 12:43:10 PM
and then remember to change default theme!
Why?

flapjack

update pack unly contain standard themes, so if you make one of your own it will not be overwritten.

Quote from: tatack on April 05, 2010, 12:45:51 PM
Why?
to make sure you switched to the theme you just created

tatack

Quote from: flapjack on April 05, 2010, 12:49:50 PM
to make sure you switched to the theme you just created
Ah ok, done. This evening (CET time) I'll try again to upgrade the forum. I'm not sure that all will be ok...

I hope I will not loose SP setting.

flapjack

don't worry, you won't. SP keeps his stuff in different tables in db

tatack

Quote from: flapjack on April 05, 2010, 01:09:34 PM
don't worry, you won't. SP keeps his stuff in different tables in db

I don't know why, but after the upgrade the new theme folder doesn't working. So I'm uploading the old entire "default" folder, is ok?

I'm still not able to install SP and other mod due the permission issue. The permission of Packages folder are 777. Why this?

Arantor

No, that's not OK, because the Themes/default files were some of the more heavily changed between RC2 and RC3.

Permissions generally should be 755 for folders and 644 for files. 777 means everyone on the server can write to it, what normally happens is that files have owners and the file's owner isn't the same user account that runs the webserver so the webserver can't modify the files without 777 permissions.

tatack

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:56:51 PM
No, that's not OK, because the Themes/default files were some of the more heavily changed between RC2 and RC3.
Ok, resolved this issue

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:56:51 PMPermissions generally should be 755 for folders and 644 for files. 777 means everyone on the server can write to it, what normally happens is that files have owners and the file's owner isn't the same user account that runs the webserver so the webserver can't modify the files without 777 permissions.
I had check in the Admin Panel of my website and permission for Packages folder are 775, 644 for the files. Still have the error message.

Why this?

Arantor

I don't know why it's that, but try different combinations until it allows you to install.

tatack

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 05:04:03 PM
I don't know why it's that, but try different combinations until it allows you to install.
I remember that I had a similar issue on another forum.

I hope it can be solved...I need to install SP.

Is there another way to install a package?

Arantor

The only other way is manually, making all the edits by hand - Manual Installation of Mods

tatack

Could be a problem on the folders that SP have to modify?

I mean not the Packages folder, but the file where SP will have to work.

Kill Em All

Most likely not a problem with SP. The only issue that SP might be causing with other mods is if it changed code that another mod wants to change.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tatack

Quote from: Kill Em All on April 05, 2010, 05:17:50 PM
Most likely not a problem with SP. The only issue that SP might be causing with other mods is if it changed code that another mod wants to change.
The fact is that I can upload the SP pack, so it seem not a problem of Packages folder permission.

Arantor

Not necessarily. Just uploading means the Packages folder is fine. All the OTHER folders and files have to be writable too... for when the package manager modifies them on installation.

tatack

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 05:24:32 PM
Not necessarily. Just uploading means the Packages folder is fine. All the OTHER folders and files have to be writable too... for when the package manager modifies them on installation.
So all the folder mus be 755 and all the file 644?

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tatack

Quote from: Kill Em All on April 05, 2010, 05:29:20 PM
Correct.
I've check all the files that SP go to modify and the permission are ok.

Advertisement: