News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Minimum number of posts to send pm.

Started by babjusi, August 13, 2009, 10:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Link to Mod

What does it do: This mod will allow you to set a number of posts for your members in order to send Personal Messages. It is a nice add-on to fight spamming through the pm system.

How to use it: Simply install it through the Package Manager at the Acp of your forum. You can enable and disable it at Features and Options, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to send Personal Messages.

You can also choose which MemberGroup/s and/or individual user/s can bypass the limit.

Compatibility: Atm it is compatible only with 1.1.10 and every below version of the 1x1 serie. And it should work with all the themes unless a custom theme has got its own language files that my mod edits. In this case, please use the Mod Parser link located below the download link to make the edits.

Support: If you run into difficulties with the installation or something else, then please post at the Mod Support Topic. Although it could take some time before I can get back at you due to my free time being limited atm.

Note: All the questions that are outside of the mod functionality, will be ignored. Thanks for your understanding :)

To have an idea how the mod looks like in action, please check the attached screenshots located under the download link.

chrishicks

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!  Are you reading my mind over there?

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

chrishicks

I have it installed but not turned on yet since I'm still editing what groups can bypass it. I'm noticing my logs are showing stuff like this however:

8: Undefined index: minimum_posts_pm
File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Contact.template.php (eval?)
Line: 301

File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Profile.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php (eval?)

It's all guests and/or spiders(most of the errors are from Google). Is there something I should edit to stop this?

EDIT: now members are triggering errors as well.

babjusi

The files that are throwing the error are not touched by my mod. I have tested it in a fresh forum several times and dowsn''t throw any error what so ever.

But try to disable the eval and see what errors you will get.

chrishicks

I just installed the disable eval mod and put a check in the box to make sure it was on. I deleted the previous errors in the logs and waited. About a minute or so later this popped up:

File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php

babjusi

Can you post here the codes around line 301? Post them between the code tags.

chrishicks

I was just doing that when I crashed Firefox. Here you go:

299: $txt['error_smfbuy_days'] = 'You must enter a correct number of days';
300: $txt['error_smfbuy_reserve'] = 'You can\'t enter a starting price more high then reserve price';
301: $txt['minposts_pm'] = 'Sorry '.$context['user']['name'].'. You must have '.$modSettings['minimum_posts_pm']. ' posts in order to send Personal Messages.';
302: ?>

EDIT: I can repeat the same error myself just by being a guest and trying to do things guests aren't allowed to do like playing in the arcade or viewing some profiles.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Excellent work author.

For Version 2.0... ???
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

fiver

Hi babjusi,
I've post a request a year ago about preventing overuse of PM (more than forum discussion). Maybe you can help me with it in your mod:
Allow number of PM per day base on yesterday's number of posts. Let's say a member posted 12 posts yesterday, today he can send up to 12 PM max.
Do you think this is possible? Thanks.

chrishicks

Quote from: fiver on October 03, 2009, 04:23:34 AM
Hi babjusi,
I've post a request a year ago about preventing overuse of PM (more than forum discussion). Maybe you can help me with it in your mod:
Allow number of PM per day base on yesterday's number of posts. Let's say a member posted 12 posts yesterday, today he can send up to 12 PM max.
Do you think this is possible? Thanks.

This is something I've asked about before too. I would love this option.

YoProPool

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Advertisement: