News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Viewgroups for regular user

Started by ~DS~, April 08, 2010, 06:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Is there a way to allow user to view the viewgroups?
only who have moderator power can view this:
action=moderate;area=viewgroups;
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

CapadY

Admin - Member - Permissions - General Permissions

You'll find the option "View the memberlist and groups" in "Use basic forum functionalitiy"
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Chas Large

Sorry to correct you Capady but this does not allow ordinary members to see the Moderation Membergroups which is where action=moderate;area=viewgroups; takes you.

Dismal Shadow: If you want members to see other groups they can join, you need to make the groups Requestable in Membergroups. Users can then see other groups they can join in their Profile > Modify Profile > Group Membership.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

~DS~

Eh? What? You mean group with moderator power so they can see this action? I am simply saying if there a action to view the membergroups list for regular user because I don't know what action it is.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Chas Large

Well we were trying to answer your question in the way we felt it most appropriate. I read it that you wanted a way for Regular Members to see the groups like in your query.

The membergroups page is an Admin page and therefore cannot be seen by Regular Members.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

~DS~

Quote from: Chas Large on April 08, 2010, 02:41:48 PM
Well we were trying to answer your question in the way we felt it most appropriate. I read it that you wanted a way for Regular Members to see the groups like in your query.

The membergroups page is an Admin page and therefore cannot be seen by Regular Members.
Allright.

~DS~

Sorry to bring this up again, but it can be done with this action. I am surprised there's no link so it's obviously a hidden action
/index.php?action=groups

Chas Large

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 12, 2010, 03:15:41 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but it can be done with this action. I am surprised there's no link so it's obviously a hidden action
/index.php?action=groups
Sorry, you are incorrect. Regular members will see:

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't view the memberlist because you don't have permission to.

This option is only viewable by Admins. (Slight Correction edit) Unless the permission is given in the General Permissions.

~DS~

I rest my case.
In General Permissions="View the memberlist and groups" checked for guests and regular users.

Chas Large

I stand rightly corrected and I should have said so in my edit. My apologies.  :-[

~DS~

Quote from: Chas Large on May 12, 2010, 04:54:15 PM
I stand rightly corrected and I should have said so in my edit. My apologies.  :-[
No apologies needed.  :)
We researched after all and to that end the answer is there.

Advertisement: