SMF Social Network

Started by MonoTiz, April 10, 2010, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goad

Quote from: Goad on June 01, 2010, 02:34:01 PM
theres something weird thats conflicting with Tiny Portal all together.

when i comment on status's, or like/dislike them....I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!
The article isn't active, hasn't been approved yet, or simply does not exist.

I traced this code back to be TP Portal specific.....so on a hunch, I uninstalled Tiny Portal, and the issue went away.

I really like tiny portal....it integrates my site well and I like the look and feel of it.....i would really prefer to keep it....

so anyone know how to get SMF SN to play nice with TP Portal?

I was using TP 1.0 beta 4.....so i upgraded to TP 1.0 beta 5 and it fixed it.....but they made a ton of changes to TP 1.0 beta 5 and i dont like it one bit.  >:(

ugh.

Rafferty

hmmm in that regard mines fine, just the posts from the forum have this issue
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Afro

I am trying to call the Updates to the front page with simple portal. Do you have any codes for that ?

Liam.

Quote from: Afro on June 04, 2010, 06:14:39 AM
I am trying to call the Updates to the front page with simple portal. Do you have any codes for that ?

There's a block on SimplePortal.net - and also one on MonoTiz' site. I've not tried either though, so may not be what you want...

Afro

i searched sp.net. i found only the block for NIBOGO's social network group. not this one.
the monotiz forum is offline too..

Sabre™

It's in the readme.txt.
You could view it before the mod installs, or have a look in the package.
The readme may look all messy when viewed manually, but just put it into your post, and click "Preview" to see it.

EDIT:
Actually, here it is for future reference: for Pro version
global $sourcedir, $settings;

// show_form = 0 ---> only message without form
// show_form = 1 ---> message + form
// show_form = 2 ---> only form without message
$show_form = 1;
$num_items = 5;
$only_profile = false; // true show only your items, false show all items

if (!allowedTo('smfsocialnetwork_access'))
   echo 'Sorry, you cannot access to SMF Social Network';
elseif (!file_exists($sourcedir . '/SMFSocialNetwork.php'))
   echo 'No SMFSocialNetwork.php file found';
elseif (!file_exists($sourcedir . '/SMFSocialNetwork-Subs.php'))
   echo 'No SMFSocialNetwork-Subs.php file found';
elseif (!file_exists($settings['default_theme_dir'] . '/SMFSocialNetwork.template.php'))
   echo 'No SMFSocialNetwork.template.php file found';
else
{
   require_once($sourcedir . '/SMFSocialNetwork.php');
   smfsocialnetwork_portal_block($num_items, $show_form, $only_profile);
}
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Afro

THANKS sabre ..
i m getting an error

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function smfsocialnetwork_portal_block() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/afro/Sources/PortalBlocks.php(3332) : eval()'d code on line 21"

Afro

got it. thanks.. i was on the lite version

!RFAN

how does this portal block looks like...can i see any demo??

Liam.

Quote from: amigozone on June 04, 2010, 01:51:09 PM

Try it... The mod's there and the code is there - but if you don't like the design, you can always change the block code...

Afro

Quote from: Liam. on June 04, 2010, 04:24:48 PM

Try it... The mod's there and the code is there - but if you don't like the design, you can always change the block code...

I wouldnt answer that question if i were you. Just like arantor, i am beginning to get pissed by stupid questions.

dannbass

Bro chill out... have some patience man... is not like any of us have ever asked something like that... if Liam. wants to help out... good for him, he's probably more advance than we are...

Sabre™

Quote from: Afro on June 04, 2010, 08:36:44 AM
got it. thanks.. i was on the lite version

I'll label the code as for the Pro version.
Glad you sorted it out mate :)

Quote from: Afro on June 04, 2010, 05:22:07 PM
I wouldnt answer that question if i were you. Just like arantor, i am beginning to get pissed by stupid questions.

Dont let it get to you bro, just ignore them if you get a bit stressed.
I recall when you first started mate. What was once trivial to you then, is like buttering bread now right? ;)
We've ALL been there, whether it was at this community or not.
Only "I" am allowed to loose my cool here!! LOL
You're doin good with your contributions back to the community. Keep it up :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Liam.

Well to be honest, it's a fair question. Just like most themes have a live demo, and alot of larger mods have a live demo, I don't see why this doesn't...

Not trying to be cocky here, but if you're annoyed with questions like this, either quit the community, or don't respond to them...

Sabre™

Well, the mod itself has a live demo, and since the portal is mentioned a few times on the support board, I guess Monotiz thought everyone would know what it does.
It was infact a Paid function up until a few days ago, so unless a member here provides a demo, don't expect to see one.

!RFAN

Quote from: Afro on June 04, 2010, 05:22:07 PM
Quote from: Liam. on June 04, 2010, 04:24:48 PM

sorry but i was willing to have look at the this block ... i wanna see what does it show and how it works... and i never forced u too answer ... u can always answer on ur will...

Afro

Liam.

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 04, 2010, 08:35:52 PM
Well, the mod itself has a live demo, and since the portal is mentioned a few times on the support board, I guess Monotiz thought everyone would know what it does.
It was infact a Paid function up until a few days ago, so unless a member here provides a demo, don't expect to see one.

Well, I'm gonna throw up a live demo site for alot of mods sometime next month (I already have quite a bit done, but need to wait for something). It'll be somewhat like smfthemes.org. I'll throw this in aswell as a demo.

Sabre™

@amigozone
What you see here, is what you will see in the portal block.

@Afro
Think nothing of it mate. Was only a little spurt :)

@Liam.
Sounds good.
How does that work? Do you need to converse with each of the mods authors in order to demo their work on your site, or is displaying it an open option?
Either way, sounds good.

Afro

The monotiz website is not opening here.
So you can see the block demo here. Though i customized it a little.
SOCIAL NETWORK DEMO

Advertisement: