News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Social Network

Started by MonoTiz, April 10, 2010, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam.

Why would I need to get permission from the mod authors? It will be a site totally like smfthemes.org (except not automatic, I will install them manually, only the mods on the latest versions of SMF). I have managed to get a test account that can see all the admin options but can't save any changes, so people can view the options of the mod. I'll try to wait for the Multiforums System to be released first though, even though that may take a while; but it'll save me space.

rd

Quote from: Liam. on June 05, 2010, 09:07:34 AM
Why would I need to get permission from the mod authors? It will be a site totally like smfthemes.org (except not automatic, I will install them manually, only the mods on the latest versions of SMF). I have managed to get a test account that can see all the admin options but can't save any changes, so people can view the options of the mod. I'll try to wait for the Multiforums System to be released first though, even though that may take a while; but it'll save me space.

:P I already started something like this to tell ya the truth... But I haven't really published it yet. This was one of the reasons I bought a good domain name for it but it's used as a test site for now.

If you want, I think we can work together???

Liam.

Quote from: Royalduke on June 05, 2010, 09:12:02 AM
Quote from: Liam. on June 05, 2010, 09:07:34 AM

:P I already started something like this to tell ya the truth... But I haven't really published it yet. This was one of the reasons I bought a good domain name for it but it's used as a test site for now.

If you want, I think we can work together???

Well I've got a pretty nifty SMF related domain I'm going to throw it on, I'm going to have themes.domain.tld, mods.domain.tld, and domain.tld will be the main discussion forums about SMF, etc. I will be happy to work with you though ;)

!RFAN

haha...  2 pages when this mod was pro ..and now topic went to 5th page :p

Afro

This mod just fits where i placed it on my home page. I  m now working on on how to post the input on the home page without redirecting to the social network template page.

Boricua012

I installed  SMF Social Network PRO yesterday, and it turns out that my members cannot see it and i'm the only one who can. Where can i change this because i cannot find it in the  SMF Social Network Settings page?

~DS~

Quote from: Boricua012 on June 06, 2010, 08:14:39 PM
I installed  SMF Social Network PRO yesterday, and it turns out that my members cannot see it and i'm the only one who can. Where can i change this because i cannot find it in the  SMF Social Network Settings page?
Check your permissions.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Afro

Quote from: Boricua012 on June 06, 2010, 08:14:39 PM

Do what shadows said, go to your admin cpanel >> permission>> give permissions to membergroups and save. you will be fine.

Rafferty

Quote from: Rafferty on June 01, 2010, 07:13:52 AM
The block display is causing some problems in TP Portal. My Full Members are reporting that some auto created items are giving an error "You cannot view this Item" but when clicking on it are able to view it.  Ive checked permissions and all are correct and members should be able to view the items.

This appears to be occurring when auto posts are created and topic posts. Normal shouts can be viewed OK. 

Still can't work this one out.  Imported posts show only "You cannot view this Item" to everyone except Admins.  All permissions are correct and I can see no reason why this is happening. 
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

GarfieldP

I could see myself using this mod

SN

Does anybody know how to remove the avatar from the PHP block code?

For the block code i just want, the form, Name & Status. I don't what there avatar there.

or maybe resize it

Afro

Quote from: SN on June 12, 2010, 01:53:58 AM
Does anybody know how to remove the avatar from the PHP block code?

For the block code i just want, the form, Name & Status. I don't what there avatar there.

or maybe resize it

I thought there is avatar setting option in admin cpanel.

SN

Yeah, i found the avatar resize, personally i wanted what whole avatar column gone ( from the block only).

I'm trying to tidy up the look of the Social Network Block for portals to make its more compact... because you have to have a pretty big block other wise it doesn't look good.

similar to this picture

but im having no luck

laogui

I am using this  mod, but it is very slow with too many SQL queries.

Afro

Quote from: SN on June 12, 2010, 05:09:37 AM
Yeah, i found the avatar resize, personally i wanted what whole avatar column gone ( from the block only).

I'm trying to tidy up the look of the Social Network Block for portals to make its more compact... because you have to have a pretty big block other wise it doesn't look good.

similar to this picture

but im having no luck

Have you checked the one on my forum homepage ?

http://www.afrowall.com.

i made it the way i want. the only thing left is for the messages to post without going to the status action page.

SN

Yeah, yours looks good. A nice single line input filed at the top of that would be perfect

!RFAN

hey... i want to add buttons instead of text for "like" , "unlike" and "comment"

any suggestion?..it wud be nice i think...

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I just found this. A very very good mod. Two thumbs up. Thanks a million to the author. Hopefully, this topic will be full with ideas to share and further improve this lovely mod. Will be following this topic. :)

Afro

Quote from: SN on June 12, 2010, 09:35:45 AM
Yeah, yours looks good. A nice single line input filed at the top of that would be perfect

You are right. I will definitely do that. If you have other suggestions , please tell me..

Afro

Quote from: amigozone on June 12, 2010, 09:41:02 AM
hey... i want to add buttons instead of text for "like" , "unlike" and "comment"

any suggestion?..it wud be nice i think...

I will try to create something like that. I will let you know.

Advertisement: