SMF Social Network

Started by MonoTiz, April 10, 2010, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liam.

Well since there's SimpleWall on it's way, and this is unsupported; I suppose that this would become obsolete...

Afro

SimpleWall, Never heard of that. Where is it being developed ?

Marcus Forsberg

Nah, that's outdated. I was just trying out Google Code - Do not expect me to use it. Besides, I'm going to buy hosting and a domain for my personal stuff, and you'll find SimpleWall there then.

SN

Quote from: Afro on June 12, 2010, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: SN on June 12, 2010, 09:35:45 AM
Yeah, yours looks good. A nice single line input filed at the top of that would be perfect

You are right. I will definitely do that. If you have other suggestions , please tell me..

did you manage to do it?

Afro

I have not tried. There is another social network coming, so i am kind of reluctant to work on SN for now.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SimInem

I tried to uninstall this mod, but it doesnt work.
I just keep getting the error:
This package was either never installed or was already uninstalled - you can't uninstall it now.

I tried deleting the zipped package, but then I get the "Error has returned" message, so I put it back.

I don't want it anymore, how do I get rid of it?[/b]

theguise

Quote from: Afro on June 06, 2010, 12:21:29 PM
This mod just fits where i placed it on my home page. I  m now working on on how to post the input on the home page without redirecting to the social network template page.

AfroWall were you able to get this to work? and if so would you mind sharing please.  Thanks

Afro

@theguise
Not yet, i havent tried though. Thanks for reminding me, i will look into it.

theguise

I read before that you were done messing with it, but I wasn't sure if you had already figured that part out.  So it's no big deal

Afro

Quote from: theguise on July 01, 2010, 05:53:22 PM
I read before that you were done messing with it, but I wasn't sure if you had already figured that part out.  So it's no big deal

I have actually made it the way i want it to be on my forum. So i am not in a hurry to go into the SN codes anytime soon.

Sabre™

Quote from: theguise on June 29, 2010, 03:09:30 PM
Quote from: Afro on June 06, 2010, 12:21:29 PM
This mod just fits where i placed it on my home page. I  m now working on on how to post the input on the home page without redirecting to the social network template page.

AfroWall were you able to get this to work? and if so would you mind sharing please.  Thanks

If you're only going to have this on the front page, and not a section within the forum, remove every instance of ?action=smfsocialnetwork;sa=home from your SMFSocialNetwork.php located in your sources directory.
Having multiple locations ie. front page and SN page; will require another edit in which Afro may provide you one day, and I have no interest in as I've re-written 3/4 of the mod to better suit my needs.
I'm very interested in seeing the Simplewall when it is available.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I really like this mod but will prefer waiting for SimpleWall mod as well.

Marcus Forsberg

For those waiting for SW, know that it probably won't be available this summer, but rather some time during autumn.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I guess it is worthwhile waiting then...

Afro

Quote from: Nas on July 02, 2010, 05:09:58 AM
For those waiting for SW, know that it probably won't be available this summer, but rather some time during autumn.

Take your time NAS, dont be in a hurry.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Sabre™

That's a nice find, thanks for sharing :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 05, 2010, 04:01:04 AM
Can anyone make it work with SN?
http://www.99points.info/2010/07/facebook-style-wallpost-and-comments-system-using-jquery-ajax-and-php-reloaded/

Anyone who knows JQuery, PHP and MYSQL can do just that without the use of the code blocks in that blog post (the code's fugly anyway ;))

Advertisement: