SMF Social Network

Started by MonoTiz, April 10, 2010, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: Nas on July 05, 2010, 04:31:04 AM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 05, 2010, 04:01:04 AM
Can anyone make it work with SN?
http://www.99points.info/2010/07/facebook-style-wallpost-and-comments-system-using-jquery-ajax-and-php-reloaded/

Anyone who knows JQuery, PHP and MYSQL can do just that without the use of the code blocks in that blog post (the code's fugly anyway ;))
Then do it and you will get cookies in return. :P

No seriously, I am just kidding. Hope someone can share and implement into SN.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 05, 2010, 04:36:50 AM

Why should I do it when I'm already making my own wall mod that will have that functionality by default? :P

~DS~

Quote from: Nas on July 05, 2010, 04:38:27 AM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 05, 2010, 04:36:50 AM

Why should I do it when I'm already making my own wall mod that will have that functionality by default? :P
That's why I say I was kidding because i know you are going to make one. :P

And yours won't be until autumn that is. :P
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 05, 2010, 04:41:04 AM

Don't always trust what I say ;)

~DS~

Quote from: Nas on July 05, 2010, 04:41:43 AM

Surprises, Surprises. Ooooooo

You are still on hiatus...:P

Sabre™

So you're implying that it could be earlier.
But, we can't trust what you say ;)
Either way, whenever you're done, those which do not actually need such a function, will most probably jump on board and add it anyway.
I'm one that will be interested in skimming your code
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

~DS~

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 05, 2010, 04:46:21 AM

So you're implying that it could be earlier.
But, we can't trust what you say ;)
Either way, whenever you're done, those which do not actually need such a function, will most probably jump on board and add it anyway.
I'm one that will be interested in skimming your code
OMG, he knew the world would end, so he could have released tomorrow.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Lol... Patience is gold.

Marcus Forsberg

I should quit spamming this topic about SW. I need a domain and host for SW :o

* Nas runs off to either get that done, or start a topic somewhere else for all this. Or bump the poll in Chit Chat. Or even work on the actual mod.

Quote from: Nas on July 05, 2010, 05:38:30 AM
I should quit spamming this topic about SW. I need a domain and host for SW :o

* Nas runs off to either get that done, or start a topic somewhere else for all this. Or bump the poll in Chit Chat. Or even work on the actual mod.
Are you trying to say SW is in need of a domain name and host sponsor?

Marcus Forsberg

It probably is, yes, if I want a support/feedback/beta testing forum for it.

I think the best is to get a proper domain name for Simple Wall like SimpleWall.com or .net or .org. I think this is quite cheap.

On the other hand, this is my offer. If you dont mind to use a domain like simplewall.qom.my (which I got another about 3 months before next renewal) and share my EBiz Gold Unlimited hosting (of which i just renew for another year - click here for details) and use it via ftp or extplorer (I really don't know how to share it in any other ways securely -  you can advice me though), I will sponsor your Simple Wall.

You may change it to your domain later and still share my hosting, or change to your own hosting later. How is that sounds to you? I will pm you the details for access.

Afro

Nas Please run away from this thread and concentrate on the SW project.

!RFAN

Celia N. Foster

I'm getting the following error:

DATABASE ERROR

Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'
File: /home/judithb/public_html/forum/Sources/SMFSocialNetwork.php
---------

What do I do to correct this?

There shouldn't be any error. The tips are:

If you have installed the lite version, then install this pro version on top of it. Don't directly install the pro version without lite version being installed first.

Pro version: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=375584.msg2644052#msg2644052

Celia N. Foster

Figured it out. Thanks. :D

Mystery?

Please please PLEASE make a portal of this, if there isn't in the mod.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

Quote from: Mystery? on August 01, 2010, 03:21:15 AM
Simple Wall is currently being developed by Nas. I've heard that it could be run as a standalone but not in its first release. It will be as an SMF mod at first. It will also be different from this mod. So, please be patient if you want something like that to happen.

You can also see in the few posts above you that there is this facebook like page code that you can use if you want to create your own. http://www.99points.info/2010/07/facebook-style-wallpost-and-comments-system-using-jquery-ajax-and-php-reloaded/

Afro

Quote from: Mystery? on August 01, 2010, 03:21:15 AM

if you want sp block code, i can also give you

Advertisement: