Possible Error when html bbc tag is enabled in RC3

Started by ZarPrime, April 12, 2010, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

When the html bbc code is enabled in RC3 in Admin --> Forum --> Posts and Topics --> Bulletin Board Code ...

All posts made are shown with a tag that looks like the following ...

[size=medium]
Text
[/size]

If Text is the only thing entered, what looks like a size tag is added to the post once it renders.  This post, here on SMF, appears to have the same tag shown in the rendered post --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369086.msg2525191#msg2525191

Can someone tell me if this is a bug, or, if not, can you tell me how to stop this from happening.

Thanks,
ZarPrime

Kays

Hi, I think that the problem is that medium isn't a valid parameter for the size tag. The following are valid:

x-small smaller small larger large x-large

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

ZarPrime

Kays,

I appreciate your response but what I'm saying is that this size=medium tag seems to be added automatically on my RC3 Forum when the html bbc tag is enabled and an image is attached to the post, even though the user doesn't add it themselves.  I'll tell you what.  Let me see if it happens here.  I will attach an image just to see if it shows up.  I'm not adding any bbc tags to my actual post here, just the image attachment.

ZarPrime

Edit:  Hmmm, never mind, it didn't seem to add it here.  Maybe you guys no longer have the html bbc tag enabled here.  In any case, it works like this on my site --> http://talesofthehavenexpanse.com/smf2test/index.php?topic=22

Kays

HTML is only enabled for admins. Which is why it don't do it here.

Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?

Exactly what code are you adding?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

ZarPrime

I'm not adding any code.  Only text and attaching an image.  It's not that big a deal if you really don't think this is a bug.  If it becomes a nuisance on my site, I can easily modify the post to remove the size=medium opening and closing tag, though it's a pain, and it really shouldn't happen.

The WYSIWYG editor is not disabled.

ZP

Kays

I'm not adding any code.  Only text and attaching an image

That's the exact code which I'm looking for since I can't replicate it. Enclose it in code tags. If it is something which is happen that shouldn't, then maybe it is a bug. But I need to be able to replicate it first.

My Mods

ZarPrime

Kays,

Thanks for looking into it.  I will check this out again on my test site and see if I can replicate it and I will make sure that I make notes of all steps taken.  Probably won't be until tonight though before I have the time to do it.  I'll be back.

ZarPrime

Kays

Thanks, this has got me a bit curious since size=medium shouldn't be a valid parameter.

My Mods

ZarPrime

[font='times new roman']I haven't been able to duplicate the size=medium tag yet but I have been able to show a Font Face Tag in the posts.  I'm going to try that here.[/font]

ZarPrime

[font='arial black']To do this, I simply selected all the text in the editor and chose the Times New Roman tag.[/font]

Edit:  In this post, I simply highlighted the text and chose the arial black Font Face in the editor.

ZarPrime

OK, let's try highlighting all the text and selecting the 14 pt Font Size and see what happens.

Edit:  OK, that seemed to work fine.

Kays

My Mods

Kays

Are you adding the single quotes in the font face tag?

If not, I can't replicate that here or on a test RC3 install.

My Mods

ZarPrime

[font='times new roman']I am not adding any single quotes.  I am simply writing a message.  I am then using my control-A keys to highlight all of this text.  I am then selecting Times New Roman from the Font Face dropdown in the editor above.  Now watch, I'll do this and it probably won't happen here.[/font]

Kays

Like in your post then. It doesn't do that for me when I do it like that.

What browser are you using?

My Mods

ZarPrime

Google Chrome when I made the post above.  Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that earlier.

ZP

Kays

It might be a bug with Chrome. It doesn't do it in IE or FireFox. But I don't currently have Chrome installed to test it.

My Mods

Chas Large

Can't replicate this on Chrome, FF, IE8 or Safari on my RC3 test forum with basic html enabled and WYSIWYG on or off.

Added attachments and tried font and size changes, all worked as expected.

My Chrome version 5.0.342.9
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

ZarPrime

Well, maybe that's the problem.  I'm certainly not using the latest version of Chrome.  Maybe I'm using the same version of Chrome that the person who made this post here on SMF on March 5th was using --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=369086.msg2525191#msg2525191

ZP

Advertisement: