News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MovedGoalPosts

Ah sorry a misunderstanding.  I thought the image change was to do with display for .  I assume that if this is to be used we need to edit a template?

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

shubha

User-Agent claimed to be Googlebot, claim appears to be false.

This is wrong or right. Confuse.

butchs

222.186.24.59 Beijing Beijing China CHINANET jiangsu province network.  Not google.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

shubha

User Agent as seen on Project Honey Pot
QuoteUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0+(compatible;+googlebot/2.1;++http://www.google.com/bot.html)
And in my bad behavior -event details.

butchs

The ip is not in the core authors list  If you want details you can search this thread or ask the core author.

shubha

User Agent Mozilla 5.0 are not allow or by default what permission they have.Thanks.

TheListener

shubha

I have seen most of the ip addrss are block of mozilla 5.0

Ex-
http://www.projecthoneypot.org/ip_222.186.24.59

As see in whitelist.ini also, user agent 4.0  is having the permission.Not clarify with 5.0

TheListener

Kindred

Well, g-bloody-damn-it...    I found the problem.

some extra characters got pasted into index.php when I was doing the manual edits...   which caused the whole bloody site to choke. I looked at that code at least 10 times and missed it until just now.

Thanks for the offer to help, butchs...   as expected, no problem with the mod, only with my fat-fingered coding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

Quote from: shubha on May 30, 2012, 12:06:45 PM
User Agent Mozilla 5.0 are not allow or by default what permission they have.Thanks.

There is no test to block "Mozilla 5.0".  If that UA is blocked it is blocked for other reasons.

When a UA is blocked it is given a "technical support key".  Then they can use the key to fix the problem yourself by following the link to the Bad Behavior core address for access or contacting the admin with the key and the admin can discuss the key with the core author.

My question to you is why no one is giving you key information?  Sounds like spammers to me...

pols1337

Hi,

I upgraded my forum to 2.0.2 and apparently it wanted me to reinstall all of my packages, which I did.  Unfortunately, I think it doubled my Bad Behavior.  See screenshot. 

Please help -- I have no idea how to get rid of this double instance of Bad Beahvior. 

Joel

TheListener

Using notepad ##

You would have to check your themes indexteplate file for the doubled code.

pols1337

Is [index.template.php] the only file that I need to fix?  I found the doubled instance of Bad Behavior.  Thanks

TheListener

Quote from: pols1337 on May 31, 2012, 10:36:44 PM
Is [index.template.php] the only file that I need to fix?  I found the doubled instance of Bad Behavior.  Thanks

How many themes do you use?

pols1337

I only applied it to my Core Theme and Astonished theme.  I fixed the [index.template.php] for Astonished.  I couldn't find a redundant instance of Bad Behavior in my Core's index.template.php, but I've attached it here in case you can take a look at it for me. 

TheListener

You actually use Core?

If the text wasn't double then it won't be there.

:)

pols1337

@Old Fossil

No, ha ha, I don't use Core but I always install package to Core because I figure it's necessary for the mod to be in the primary core theme.  Nobody really explains this stuff, so I kind of just make things up for myself, lol. 

TheListener

Phew.

If ya don't use a theme and it has a file edit fail don't worry about it.

However ALL edits on the default theme are necesary.

Advertisement: