Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meadwench

Will this run with RC4? I tried to install it and got a 'corrupt package' error.
Vicky Rowe
Health and Weight Loss Coach
http://www.hcgloss.com
SMF 2.0 RC3, Joomla 1.5.8

butchs

Quote from: meadwench on September 20, 2010, 10:05:48 AM
Will this run with RC4? I tried to install it and got a 'corrupt package' error.

RC4 there is no official release of 2.0 RC4!  Maybe you mean RC3?

I sounds like there was an error either uploading to SMF or downloading the package from SMF.  If you are getting a package error try downloading the package again and reinstall.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

meadwench

Oops. sorry. I meant to say *Beta* 4.....

I'll try downloading again.....
Vicky Rowe

meadwench

OK, just re-downloaded it. I was able to upload it to my site, but when I go to install it says "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Thoughts?
Vicky Rowe

Oya

the upgrade package cannot be used through the package manager

for upgrading please see Upgrading SMF

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

meadwench

Vicky Rowe

meadwench

Yep, that worked. ::sigh:: Been spending too much time in other forum software, I fell behind in SMF! Thanks for the poke in the head to get my brain working again. Now to get this thing configured.....
Vicky Rowe

kibtwane

This is a great mod with a not-so-helpful installation guide, which clearly is aimed at people with a fair degree of pc knowledge. Sorry but you lost me at the white.ini editing instructions and then the bad string thing. Whatever that is. Like the honeypot mod, this needs a simpler way to install it or some kind of an Installation for Dummies tutorial which doesn't presume that the person doing the installing is a tech-boffin.

butchs

Sorry I guess I do not know how to do dummy tutorials.  If you like to take on the dummy project you have my permission.

Did you look at readme in the "bad_behavior_install_pt1of2" zip file?
QuoteIt is recommended that you open /bad-bfolder/whitelist.ini and make the following changes:

Search for:
Code: [Select]
ip[] = "localhost"
Replace the word localhost wiht the IP address of your database if it is not localhost.

Starting on the next line enter:
ip[] = "xx.xx.xx.xx"
ip[] = "yy.yy.yy.yy"
Where xx.xx.xx.xx is the Admins IP address.
Where yy.yy.yy.yy is the Shared IP Address.

Save, then re-zip the package and install it on your forum like any other package.

If you do not want to open the package then install "The SMF File Management Tool" and edit the whitelist on the fly.

The above assumes that you are installing the mod in a forum that is a "smf" directory.

mojosplurr

I did a manual install and made sure all code was copied and replaced correctly, have gone over it 5 times now. However the last bit I can't get past is the install_db.php, it gives me:

Database Error
No database selected
File: /var/www/dddd/xxxxx/zzzz/httpdocs/install_db.php
Line: 71
Back

I did make sure it is in the same folder as index.php, ssi.php etc, and I am not under the SMF directory. My website is the forum, so hxxp:www.mywebsite.com [nonactive] instead of hxxp:www.mywebsite.com/smf/ [nonactive]

Also it shows up in admin section just fine, except logs give me error

Table 'db.smf_log_badbehavior' doesn't exist
File: /var/www/zzz/sss/dddd/httpdocs/Sources/BadBehavior-Admin.php
Line: 244

which is due to install_db.php not running..?

I am running Dzine, Overview theme.

Thanks in advance, hope to get this mod up and running.

butchs

snoopy_virtual

@ mojosplurr As you told me somewhere else, you tried with that install_db.php file and still are getting the same "Database Error ...".

Try with this one instead. I think you will be able to install the DB now without errors.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

butchs

Mr show off?   Glad to see you are stepping up since I am done programming for a while.  ;)

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: butchs on November 02, 2010, 08:28:10 PM
Mr show off?   Glad to see you are stepping up since I am done programming for a while.  ;)

A pity. I thought you were going to say I had another mistake somewhere.

You see: I wanted to win another free beer.  8)

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

butchs

Egads, you go there after all that help I gave you?  Please do not try to taunt me.

It was fun but, no more time for php until the holidays.  Gotta real job now...

butchs

butchs

To install the mod in RC4 do the following:

Download both parts of the mod.

Go to package manager:

Click on "Advanced" in lower right.

Change Emulate Version to:  SMF 2.0 RC3

Install part 1 and then part 2 of the mod.

Enjoy.

butchs

There is a RC4 update to this mod but I can not download it because SMF is blocking me.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The package id given in the uploaded file does not match the package id given by previous versions of this mod.
Package id in database: Bad_Behavior_mod
Package id in the uploaded file: Bad_Behavior_install

It will be updated when whoever at SMF decides to allow me to download the two(2) parts of this mod and when I have free time...

The changes that I am not able to download are as follows:

• Improved roundtripdns and cache.
  • Added yahoo check (will temporarily reports error as msnbot - waiting for BB to catch up)
  • Scheduled task for auto purge of BB cache.
  • Removed cloudflare check due to DNS issues at cloudflare.
  • Fixed RC4 bugs in admin area that prevented saving settings and displaying of detailed reports.
  • Mod now has its own cache, it no longer requires SMF caching to be enabled.

Advertisement: