Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

Ha ha, thanks.  :)

Most of the work with the latest version besides the core update was the search engine DNS option by me.  This option automatically temporarily whitelists search engines "soft fail" who pass both IP CIDR and the reverse DNS test.  Search engines who do not pass the validation get further testing in the Bad Behavior core.  This years version was more difficult than previous years because search engines have become secretive.

The bots tested are Google, Bing, Yahoo and Baidu.  I do not intend to add others.  All data was checked though I did keep some old CIDR's that were originally in the core code that appeared to be obsolete to stay out of trouble.

The "soft fail" was requested by the core author several versions ago.  This mod can not support a hard fail for reverse DNS due to a issue with an old version of php. 

If you insist on "hard failing" the bots then you will have to edit the search engine inc code manually by commenting out the "soft fail" code and uncommenting the "hard fail" code.  One can use Yahoo's fail for Baidu.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Celia N. Foster

I get the error:

Fatal error: require_once() []: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/index.php on line 205

How can this be fixed? Please help. Thanks!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Celia N. Foster

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Celia N. Foster

So, do I download the current mod package? Where do I upload the files to?

margarett

You need to, at least, restore this "Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php"

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Celia N. Foster

Now I get the error: Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/Sources/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/core.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php on line 648

margarett

Next one's this: Sources/bad-behavior/bad-behavior/core.inc.php

Kindred

You are going to need ALL of the files, until you do a good, manual uninstall
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Celia N. Foster

Where to I upload all the Bad Behavior package files to manually?

Storman™

A manual install involves editing existing files as well as uploading some "Bad Behaviour" files. Are you aware of that ?

If so then go here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2502

Where it says "Download this mod" (top right of page) find your SMF version from the dropdown and click on parse. It will then take you to another page that lists the file edits required. At the bottom of the page is a list of where the bad behaviour files need to be uploaded to.

;)

Celia N. Foster

ColinM9991

I have installed this on my forum and all works just fine, however; every few refreshes it shows a number 2 on the top left which is hyperlinked to my Honeypot Link, the 2 is added via Unicode

Is it safe to remove the "&#x0032" from the Source Code in "BadBehavior-SMF.php" to stop this from happening?

butchs

The codes are google safe spam traps to catch spammers.  Chances are if you remove just "&#x0032" something else will show up that you will not like.  If you check "Limit honeypot on forum", the mod will stop making spam traps and code will go away.

Or you can try (EDIT):
Search Bad-Behavior-SMF.php for:
'<a href="'. $modSettings['badbehavior_httpbl_link'] .'">&#032</a>'

replace with:
'<a href="'. $modSettings['badbehavior_httpbl_link'] .'">&#160</a>'

and search:
'<a href="'. $modSettings['badbehavior_httpbl_link'] .'">&#x0032</a>'

replace with:
'<a href="'. $modSettings['badbehavior_httpbl_link'] .'">&#x00A0</a>'
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

rajeshvv

Installed this mod working like charm when we enabled the cloudflare and reverse proxy settings in mod.. after disabling the clouflare account from my server, I just disabled the reverse proxy settings in the mod... all of sudden its stopped showing IP address for members in forums.

Before its showing IP address, after disabling this reverse proxy IP's showing empty in members (Awaiting approval) page.

Any clue to fix to show IP address?
cheers

Rajesh

butchs

Quote from: rajeshvv on June 13, 2014, 07:50:01 AM
Installed this mod working like charm when we enabled the cloudflare and reverse proxy settings in mod..  all of sudden its stopped showing IP address for members in forums.

Any clue to fix to show IP address?

Perhaps you either installed the cloudflare mod or performed a manual cloudflare installation and forgot to uninstall it after you disabled cloudflare.

Disabling revers proxy and deleting Cf-Connecting-Ip in the mod tells the mod to use different header information to obtain the IP address.  The mod does not and I repeat have anything to do with IP addresses shown by SMF outside of the mod's logs.

The mod gets and uses its own IP address.  The mod does not share IP address information with SMF!  The "0.0.0.0" you see for members is caused by something else.

TKG26

Noon alert....

Wanted to see if i have done things correctly.
I have wordpress site and a smf forum.

I successfully installed bad behavior mod.
-completed honeypot setup
-honeypot script is installed to the root of my public_html
-added some links to some pages per step 4 of honeypot instructions
-honeypot shows honeypot active
-mod settings in smf shows : Bad Behavior has blocked 128 access attempts in the last 7 days.
Project Honey Pot is online.

Was it really that easy?

my forum is located at www.mysite.com/forum i was not sure if i was supposed to install script at /forum but it seems to work at mysite.com

mysite is not my real site :)

butchs

Yes.  It is that easy.

It may or may not protect wordpress.  You can test it by adding "Bad Behavior Test" to your user-agent, then directly accessing wordpress.  If you are not blocked then you will need to add Bad Behavior to wordpress or try using SMF's SSI (I think it will work but I am not sure - search this forum for more info).

Advertisement: