News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infoseeker

Thanks you very much butchs.

You are the saviour of SMF.

wish you all the best.

Now everything is fine.

God Bless You

TheListener

How do I add the bad behaviour image to the bottom of the forum?

I had a go but kept being given an error.

MiY4Gi

Quote from: Brack1 on August 13, 2011, 07:14:49 PM

Bad behavior image?

By the way butchs, does that Honeypot keyword actually do anything?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

TheListener

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 13, 2011, 07:41:59 PM
Quote from: Brack1 on August 13, 2011, 07:14:49 PM

Bad behavior image?

The one on the first post of the mods topic which many forums using this have displayed.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 13, 2011, 07:41:59 PM

Yea, it is a word that attracts a click.  Pick a good one.

The link requires "http:://bla bla..."

I am testing complete httpBL validation for the next release.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

TheListener

butchs

Error?  You did not detail an error.   ::)

The image file is here.  You will need to download it and copy it on your server to a location you can pull it form then change the link to the image.
:)

TheListener

Throw a bucket of cold water over me.

The error was an unknown < on line 510 (ish).
As for the image link.

I think I gotcha. I keep all my images on photobucket.

butchs

You may want to keep this one in your root directory.  Not everyone can read photobucket images.  Photobucket is blocked by some secure servers.

butchs

FYI - When I post images and etc to my site I enclose them with the suspicious BBC codes from the mod.  Then the bad guys will not be able to mess with them.
O:)

TheListener

The mod is working perfectly.

Within two minutes of installing there were two blocked attempts.

This now stands at 36.

butchs

New Version:
Fixed integration bug with old SMF version - thanks mediaworksmt
Complete http:BL & BB installation validation - Now all project honeypot input data is checked
Bad Behavior 2.1.14 update - ???

TheListener

Ya mean I shoulda waited 24 hours.

:o

Is it the usual uninstall or not a complete one?

MiY4Gi

Is that update critical? I don't feel like updating it if there's hardly any benefit.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

butchs

Quote from: Brack1 on August 14, 2011, 05:23:05 PM
Is it the usual uninstall or not a complete one?

Sorry I did not know that the Bad behavior author was going to publish an update today.

Not sure of the changes to the core but i think it has something to do with good bots.

butchs

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 14, 2011, 05:47:37 PM
Is that update critical? I don't feel like updating it if there's hardly any benefit.

Not sure.  The stuff I did is not critical.  It is just more user friendly. 12 vs 24 hr time display and validation checks of inputs.

But I am waiting for the list of changes to the core.  I am sure it can wait a week?

ziycon

Can I clear out the 'log_badbehavior' table as its taking up a lot of space? I tried running the two scheduled tasks but they didn't seem to do much if anything?

butchs

The scheduled tasks are for daily cache purging and weekly log purging.

The log table automatically deletes it's self every week.

The mod will still protect your site if you turn off "Logging".  Logging is basically useful for testing.  Once you know it is working turn it off and in 7 days  the 'log_badbehavior' table will empty it's self.

EDIT:  I meant cache purging.

ziycon

Quote from: butchs on August 28, 2011, 10:41:54 AM
The scheduled tasks are for daily cookie purging and weekly log purging.

The log table automatically deletes it's self every week.

The mod will still protect your site if you turn off "Logging".  Logging is basically useful for testing.  Once you know it is working turn it off and in 7 days  the 'log_badbehavior' table will empty it's self.
Nice one Butchs, thanks for the help again.

Advertisement: