News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

It has something to do with your index.template.php file.  Please attach a copy.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Kindred

basically, the problem is that he reinstalled smf without UNinstalling the mod first....   and he's using a custom theme.

So, what that means is: when he reinstalled smf, he removed all traces of the mod from the core smf files, including the default/curve theme... but did not remove the mod code from any custom themes.
He then went and reinstalled the mod, and checked the boxes for "install into my custom themes", even though it was already installed into the custom themes....

So, every theme file edit that exists in the custom theme will be duplicated. The only VISIBLE one is the footer, but I guarantee that the additions higher in the index.template.php file were also duplicated.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pols1337

Please see attached for index.template.php.

Not sure which one you need so I'm attaching all three: Astonished (custom theme), Core, and Default.

butchs

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2012, 06:43:17 PM
basically, the problem is that he reinstalled smf without UNinstalling the mod first....   and he's using a custom theme.

So, what that means is: when he reinstalled smf, he removed all traces of the mod from the core smf files, including the default/curve theme... but did not remove the mod code from any custom themes.
He then went and reinstalled the mod, and checked the boxes for "install into my custom themes", even though it was already installed into the custom themes....

So, every theme file edit that exists in the custom theme will be duplicated. The only VISIBLE one is the footer, but I guarantee that the additions higher in the index.template.php file were also duplicated.

That is what happened.  See the attached fix.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

pols1337

So just to confirm, there are no changes that need to be made to the Core and Default index.template.php? 

butchs

pols1337

mikedijital

I used to get 3 spam bots a day, I havent got one since I installed this mod

THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!

From my site
"   Bad Behavior has blocked 2612 access attempts in the last 7 days. "

THANK YOU! 

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

butchs

frytec

how can i allow an specific server access my smf using badbehavior?

its my own server for my other website, wich have to ping my smf forum wich uses badbehavior mod.

im getting error 403

QuoteBad Behavior - Event Details
ID:    4264
IP:    200.98.197.4
whl0056.whservidor.com
DATE:    2012-01-17 14:00:07
METHOD:    GET
URI:    /
PROTOCOL:    HTTP/1.0
HEADERS:    GET / HTTP/1.0 Host: www.detetiveweb.com.br User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; U; Linux i686; en-US) LinkDr/0.6.4 http://linkdr.net/ X-Forwarded-For: 200.98.197.4
AGENT:    Mozilla%2F5.0%20%28compatible%3B%20U%3B%20Linux%20i686%3B%20en-US%29%20LinkDr%2F0.6.4%20http%3A%2F%2Flinkdr.net%2F
ENTITY:    
KEY:    17566707
DENIED REASON:    Required header 'Accept' missing
EXPLANATION:    An invalid request was received from your browser. This may be caused by a malfunctioning proxy server or browser privacy software.
ERROR:    403

SuperBrian91

Hi,

I had this mod installed on my forum for ages and it was working perfect, but I uninstalled it a few minutes ago to reinstall it because I was getting a lot of spam members but when I reinstalled it I keep getting the following message on the top of my forum and all the fonts are huge and the forum doesn't look right.

// Bad Behavior Start $txt['permissionname_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'Bad Behavior Whitelist Group'; $txt['permissionhelp_badbehavior_goodgroup'] = 'This option will make a member group exempt from all Bad Behavior tests.'; // Bad Behavior End

Anyone know what might be causing this? My site is now on maintenance mode at the moment. If anyone could help me as soon as possible because I am getting a lot of message from members asking what wrong.

Thanks.

Kindred

look in your modifications.english.php

the text got added after the closing ?> somehow...   move the ?> to be the last thing in the file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SuperBrian91

Quote from: Kindred on January 17, 2012, 03:48:28 PM
look in your modifications.english.php

the text got added after the closing ?> somehow...   move the ?> to be the last thing in the file
Thank you very much Kindred you are a life saver.  :)

butchs

Quote from: frytec on January 17, 2012, 12:06:17 PM
how can i allow an specific server access my smf using badbehavior?

its my own server for my other website, wich have to ping my smf forum wich uses badbehavior mod.

im getting error 403

The instructions to whitelist ip's is here.

Augster

Maybe I'm just idiot (a lot of my friends think so!), but I can't figure out how to get to the Bad Behavior Admin section  :-[

Just installed it (after seeking assistance when it wouldn't install, which I ended up having to create a "temp" folder in the Packages directory) and by all appearances, the install was a success.  But no where can I find a link to gain access to the Bad Behavior Admin section!

And there's nothing listed under Admin->Administration Center->Modification Settings->Miscellaneous.

Help?

butchs

Make sure the "BadBehavior.english.php" or other appropriate language file is installed in the language directory of your theme..
8)

Augster

Yes, it is there in the "default" theme (not in core, but there is only one language file in there "Settings.english.php").

Now what?

butchs

I have no idea if you are or are not using the default theme.  I assume you are using core.  If you are not using default then copy the "BadBehavior.english.php"  to the theme language folder you are using.

Augster

I am using the "default" theme.

Where should the Bad Behavior Admin page normally be found/accessed?

Advertisement: