Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Augster

Bump.

Okay, I forgot the "secret squirrel" handshake to get me access to the "secret admin section"  ;D

Is it really that hard to describe "go to this link, click on that button, select that option.... and voila!"?  It would really help me self troubleshoot to get an idea of the steps to invoke the Admin panel...

butchs

Click on Admin menu, then click on the Configuration menu then click on the Bad Behavior menu.

Support for the basic use of SMF is NOT part of this thread.  If that is what you need then go here.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Augster

Hey now, don't get all jumpy and nanny on me!

1) Your response did not show up after refreshing the thread over two days, but now suddenly I see a response before my bump.  I gave it plenty of time allowing for the fact that we are all busy and can't respond immediately to every question that arises.  Still scratching my head why I didn't see any responses before...

2) Trying to find the right forum for support for your mod or any mod is absolutely not specified anywhere!  Even on the download page here for your mod.  I tried searching for several days in between my attempts to self-troubleshoot.  So please, cut people some slack as there is no "standardized" method or FAQ on where to go for help.  And I'm certainly no a n00b on forums (though for SMF, yes).  Not only that, but this thread is apparently in regards to the BAD BEHAVIOR MOD, so how is anyone supposed to know that the issue I'm experiencing may potentially NOT specific to Bad Behavior but to SQL?  Seriously.

Kindred

every mod distributed on our mod site has a support thread linked from the mod's download page....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Celia N. Foster

What specifically do I need to do to make this error go away?:  Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb26b/b647/ipg.judithbarsicom/forum/Themes/pink-art/index.template.php on line 368

butchs

I am guessing here since I do not know what version SMF you have.  But here goes nothing:

1.  The path to "$sourcedir" is incorrect in "Settings.php".
2.  The correct version of "BadBehavior-SMF.php" is not located in your "/Sources/bad-behavior/" folder.  Check out "package-info.xml" for the proper location.
O:)

Celia N. Foster

butchs

Then I guessed correctly.  The second line in your "BadBehavior-SMF.php" file should not read "BadBehavior-SMF.php  - for SMF 1.1.x -  PHP template for Bad Behavior mod".  If so copy the other file (in the root zip folder) to your directory.

butchs

New version 1.5.8 with updated 2.2.1 core, changes are:

• Some additional known spammers have been identified and blocked.
  • IPv6 support has been improved, including new support for IPv6 whitelisting.
  • New configuration options are available for web sites running behind reverse proxies/load balancers and third party content distribution networks such as Akamai and CloudFlare. These options ensure that Bad Behavior can correctly screen requests when operating in these environments.
  • Search engines are screened faster and more accurately, improving search engine metrics such as Google Page Speed and YSlow and virtually eliminating the possibility of false positives for search engines. (Bad Behavior still blocks most malicious traffic originating from search engine providers' networks.)
  • Blackhole lists other than http:BL have been removed as unsuitable for sites running Bad Behavior. Because of its comment spammer tracking, http:BL remains the only blackhole list Bad Behavior uses. (It is disabled by default; enable it in your settings if you wish to use it.)
  • Bad Behavior's whitelisting feature has been completely revamped. Whitelists are much easier to maintain.
  • Across the board performance improvements have been added.
  • Messaging displayed to blocked requests has been significantly improved for clarity and to facilitate issue resolution.
  • On platforms where database logging is available, Bad Behavior would sometimes continue to log even when the logging setting was turned off. This has been fixed.
  • When a site enabled the Reverse Proxy option when it was not actually needed, Bad Behavior would sometimes fail to acquire the correct IP address for incoming requests. Bad Behavior's code to detect this situation and acquire the correct IP address has been improved.
  • Numerous additional minor improvements.
  • Donation page updated to show support from SMF users.

wolfetundra

I just noticed I'm throwing these errors ....

Type of error: Undefined
Undefined index: badbehavior_about_title
File: /Sources/Admin.php
Line: 216

Undefined index: badbehavior_report_denied_title
Line: 215

Undefined index: badbehavior_report_permit_title
Line: 214

Undefined index: badbehavior_report_all_title
Line: 213

Undefined index: badbehavior_settings_title
Line: 212

Undefined index: badbehavior
Line: 205

All the errors are originating from the follow code;

// Bad Behavior Start
'badbehavior' => array(
'label' => $txt['badbehavior'],
'file' => 'BadBehavior-Admin.php',
'function' => 'badbehavior_admin_init',
'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=badbehavior;sa=settings',
'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
'icon' => 'modifications.gif',
'subsections' => array(
'badbehavior_settings' => array($txt['badbehavior_settings_title']),
'report_all' => array($txt['badbehavior_report_all_title']),
'report_permit' => array($txt['badbehavior_report_permit_title']),
'report_denied' => array($txt['badbehavior_report_denied_title']),
'badbehavior_about' => array($txt['badbehavior_about_title']),
),
),
// Bad Behavior End

butchs

I guess you have a custom SMF 2.0.x theme and manually installed the mod? 

Check your index.php file and make sure the action array is defined:

// Bad Behavior Start
'badbehavior' => array('BadBehavior-SMF.php', 'badbehavior'),
// Bad Behavior End]

:o

Kindred

what that usually means is that a manual installation neglected to add the text strings to modifications.english.php (replace with your language instead of english)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wolfetundra

I verified the correct coding is placed within the index.php and within modifications.english.php in both templates (default and custom). I'm still throwing the codes.

butchs

For this mod, the language information for the admin menus are stored in the "/languages/BadBehavior.english.php" (or another language) file of the theme directory and the help text is installed from "modification_language.xml".

wolfetundra

Seeing how, for some reason, that made absolutely no sense to me ...
Can you please explain how to correct the errors? I followed the install instructions and even verified twice that the codings were present and correct.

butchs

If you want to get a good explanation you will need to put some effort in explaining your problem.  Instead of copying and pasting a long post with no details you could have provided basic informaiton like your SMF version and what you did.  I work long hours and only have a few minutes per day to provide this free support.  So far I guessed that you have SMF 2.0, you have a custom theme and you did not properly install the mod in the custom theme.  By the way I have stated many times that I provide support for the default theme not custom themes.  The above is the reason why.

Kindred said that this issue occurs when the text strings for the admin screen are missing.  He assumed that they are in modifications.english.php but for this mod they are in in other files.  You need to complete your manual installation and copy the language, css and all other files to the correct directories as per "package-info.xml" then make the changes in php as per "modification_language.xml".

There are on-line resources that read and provide a list of changes that need to be made for modifications.  I am sorry but I do not have a link.

Time is up, gotta go to work.

Kindred

actually, the smf mod site has a mod parser for manual installations built in to the mod download page
Слaва
Украинi

Xarcell

I have install bad behavior. I have checked to enable it. I enter my http:BL Access Key(copied & pasted). However, it says "Project Honey Pot is offline!".

I don't know if this has anything to do with project Honeypot going down for a few days and my access key no longer works, or what. Any ideas wht it's not working?

At honeypot, it says access key is working.

Advertisement: