News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Quote from: jaisi on April 26, 2012, 03:49:40 PM
i have just install this mod but still showing Project Honey Pot is offline.

The honeypot just goes on and off for maintenance

jaisi

Rust

I've just installed this mod.  Are the "Project Honey Pot HTTP Blacklist" settings required or optional?  I don't have a HP API setup yet, so am just wondering if it is OK to leave them blank until I do.

Thank you. :)

tumbleweed

G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

butchs

Quote from: Rivet on May 02, 2012, 06:01:02 PM
I've just installed this mod.  Are the "Project Honey Pot HTTP Blacklist" settings required or optional?  I don't have a HP API setup yet, so am just wondering if it is OK to leave them blank until I do.

Thank you. :)

no problem.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

floridaflatlander

When someone clicks reply on my forum, they get an unlinked icon symbol in ie and in fire fox the words for the alt text "Hide Enclosed From Suspicious Visitors" are displayed.(this is in the icons above the reply text box)

According to the properties of the icon (http://www.mysite.com/forum/Themes/theme/images/bbc/badbehavior_bbc.gif) there should be a gif named badbehavior_bbc.gif in my images/bbc folder and there is not. There are other img files but not this one.

I unpacked 1.5.9 on my computer and I don't see this file.

How can I get this to work, thanks.

TheListener

Quote from: floridaflatlander on May 12, 2012, 11:11:57 AM
When someone clicks reply on my forum, they get an unlinked icon symbol in ie and in fire fox the words for the alt text "Hide Enclosed From Suspicious Visitors" are displayed.(this is in the icons above the reply text box)

According to the properties of the icon (http://www.mysite.com/forum/Themes/theme/images/bbc/badbehavior_bbc.gif) there should be a gif named badbehavior_bbc.gif in my images/bbc folder and there is not. There are other img files but not this one.

I unpacked 1.5.9 on my computer and I don't see this file.

How can I get this to work, thanks.

Have a look at the default theme. If the image is there then copy the theme to the images folder of the theme you are using.

floridaflatlander

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 12, 2012, 03:28:03 PM
Have a look at the default theme. If the image is there then copy the theme to the images folder of the theme you are using.

There was an image there and I copied the image to the theme I'm using and it works

Thanks

butchs

If you do not like the mods image a few posts back is an alternative image.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

shubha

Previous this works. But i have stop for two days.

Yesterday i have change the Dns to cloudflare.

And today i have enable again , bad behavior.

But it shows "Project Honey Pot" is offline.

floridaflatlander

Wait a bit and see whats if it changes, I did this last week and it changed to hpot is online.

My bb shows honey pot off line now and it's been that way all morning but when I look at honeypot on my forum it says it's on, up-to-date and the connection is perfect.

shubha

I have enable the reverse proxy due to using the cloudflare, but in reverse proxy address below statement confuse me.....

For instance, when using CloudFlare, it is impossible to provide a list of IP addresses, so you would set the HTTP header to CloudFlare's provided CF-Connecting-IP header instead. so you would set the HTTP header to CloudFlare's provided CF-Connecting-IP header instead.

How?

Rust

Hello.  I have the mod installed on a 2.0.2 board.  All the required fields look to be fine.*  My HoneyPot account is all set up, but I keep seeing in red "Project Honey Pot is offline!"  Its been like this for weeks.

Any ideas on what I should try next?

*The only one I am not sure on is "Honeypot Link word".  Is this just a random word of my choosing or something else? 

Thanks for any help. :)

floridaflatlander

Quote from: Rivet on May 22, 2012, 01:00:03 PM
*The only one I am not sure on is "Honeypot Link word".  Is this just a random word of my choosing or something else? 

It's the word that is used in your link to your honeypot file(http://www.forum/honeypot-file.php) like this

<a href="http://www.forum.com/honeypot-file.php" >honeypot link word</a>

Rust

Thanks for the information.  I am using a "QuickLink".  Changing that setting to the php file name seemed to fix it.  Thanks. :)

butchs

Quote from: floridaflatlander on May 22, 2012, 11:26:10 AM
My bb shows honey pot off line now and it's been that way all morning but when I look at honeypot on my forum it says it's on, up-to-date and the connection is perfect.

How are you looking?  The mod never stops trying to check ip addresses on Project Honeypot.  Yet no one reports a visitor being flagged by Project Honeypot when the mod indicates it is offline (plus or minus the buffer time)...
:P

Quote from: shubha on May 22, 2012, 12:30:42 PM
For instance, when using CloudFlare, it is impossible to provide a list of IP addresses, so you would set the HTTP header to CloudFlare's provided CF-Connecting-IP header instead. so you would set the HTTP header to CloudFlare's provided CF-Connecting-IP header instead.

Do not forget to go  to "Cloudflare Settings" and select "Cache Purge" when you make any change to your site.
8)

Quote from: floridaflatlander on May 22, 2012, 01:09:41 PM
It's the word that is used in your link to your honeypot file(http://www.forum/honeypot-file.php) like this

<a href="http://www.forum.com/honeypot-file.php" >honeypot link word</a>

The mod will accept http://www.forum.com/honeypot-file.php as the Honeypot Link and honeypot link word as the Honeypot Link word.  The mod then generates several snazzy random traps...    :laugh:

shubha

What is the purpose of "Honeypot link word".

And the option "Select Purge" is just energing. How many times i have to do that.

butchs

The word attracts the spammer to click on it.

Select Purge once.

NanoSector

I don't know if this has been reported before but the mod sometimes adds a few weird characters into the top of the page which acts as a link, like "&#x0020" at my site. This can get quite annoying as the header constantly jumps.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: