News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

Quote from: Omebolle on September 10, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
Here are the event logs for the two members, they CAN post on the forum though

Sure you hae the mod Enabled?  The first check in the settings...

Quote from: Omebolle on September 10, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
Thanks, did the whitelist change, let's see what happens....

The new member and I see something about blackberry??

Yea, thats common.

They should be ok.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Omebolle

Yes, the mod is enabled long time ago, cought some nasty spammers too.

As long as the members can post there shouldn't be a problem. Consider question solved. Thanks

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

domscatterbrain

Ah yes, thank you for your explanation. Sorry for expressed my gratitude this late, because i never thought that you responded immediately.

butchs

Lazybones

I have two fairly different users on my forum that both trigger a "POST more than two days after GET" error about once or twice a month...

Looking at the earlier thread we have tried to eliminate the possibilities of proxies etc, javascript settings and malware.

Any ideas?

butchs

Are you using the latest mod and SMF version?
Did you add all your members to the whitelist as mentioned above?
What is the technical support key they saw?

Lazybones

Quote from: butchs on October 20, 2012, 08:23:12 PM
Are you using the latest mod and SMF version?
Did you add all your members to the whitelist as mentioned above?
What is the technical support key they saw?

The white list options are:
IP
- can't because they use dynamic IPs (IE a short term fix)
URL
- This happens when posting, don't want to remove protection from the post url
agent
- I think they both use chrome but it updates so often I am not sure I want to drop in a white list for all users.

What would be really nice is a forum account based white-list, IE I could white list specific authenticated forum accounts... Then I just need to worry if that users account specifically gets exploited.

I don't have the more recent ones but one of the support keys was ae03-139a-b40c-8ddc.

It has been a few days now since the most recent report so my logs have rolled over and I can't look back for more detail. ( this plugin works VERY well BTW).

butchs

Quote from: Lazybones on October 21, 2012, 04:46:12 PM
What would be really nice is a forum account based white-list, IE I could white list specific authenticated forum accounts...

There are more white-list options than that, have been with this mod for a long time, look here for forum account based white-list.   :(

b40c8ddc is from the screener for cookie/JavaScript.  The test should be disabled by checking "EU cookie handling".   This is a mute point if they are logged in members and you use the SMF white-listing feature mentioned above...  8)

Lazybones

Quote from: butchs on October 21, 2012, 07:00:34 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on October 21, 2012, 04:46:12 PM
What would be really nice is a forum account based white-list, IE I could white list specific authenticated forum accounts...

There are more white-list options than that, have been with this mod for a long time, look here for forum account based white-list.   :(

b40c8ddc is from the screener for cookie/JavaScript.  The test should be disabled by checking "EU cookie handling".   This is a mute point if they are logged in members and you use the SMF white-listing feature mentioned above...  8)

Thanks, I missed that post even after you suggested looking at the post above..

Also unless I am missing something I didn't see that documented on the MOD page. I generally expect all mod settings to be with a mods menu unless the mod explicitly states it modifies something else in its description.

Maybe a little bit of text in the mods primary white list section that states " More white-list options can be found in the forum group permissions screen?

Same kind of goes for the BB code button it adds... I think having a little description for these in the mod page or maybe the about section IN the mod might lead some admins to find these VERY useful features.

butchs

Well...  you have me there.

I did make some tutorials for the most difficult stuff that can be found by searching my mods for bold HELP.  There is a bold HELP for the BB code button in this thread...

I will look at adding links to the tutorials in the mod page when I get more time after winter sets in.
O:)

Lazybones

Quote from: butchs on October 21, 2012, 07:37:59 PM
Well...  you have me there.

I did make some tutorials for the most difficult stuff that can be found by searching my mods for bold HELP.

I will look at adding links to the tutorials in the mod page when I get more time after winter sets in.
O:)

Well searching for the word HELP isn't really the natural thing to do. Searching for Bad Behavior white-list in the community section brings up all sorts of non-related threads.

I would suggest some cut and past work on some of your more detailed posts and stuff them in an FAQ section on the mod download page....

Again, I love this mod. Keep up the good work.

butchs

I an not going to argue against your point since I have been repeating much of the helps...  Will look at it after the snow sets in...   ::)

EDIT:  Here is the BB Code HELP.

TheListener

Quote from: Lazybones on October 21, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

Well searching for the word HELP isn't really the natural thing to do. Searching for Bad Behavior white-list in the community section brings up all sorts of non-related threads.

Again, I love this mod. Keep up the good work.

Why not use the This topic part of the search?

Lazybones

Quote from: Frank N Stein on October 21, 2012, 07:46:45 PM

Why not use the This topic part of the search?

My suggestion is more geared to helping those that have not already found this thread.

You make a good point, once you know that the information might be in this specific thread searching just it makes sense. However even doing that for "whitelist" now returns the help post as the 7th result since we have been discussing it (probably 8th hit now after this reply).

MovedGoalPosts

I see Bad Behaviour's website shows it's current version is at 2.2.11, yet this mod's latest version is still based on 2.2.09.  Is there any update for SMF please?

butchs

I am tired of fixing the core code.  The core author thinks he is gods gift to programming but has a proven reputation for releasing code that has not been properly tested.  Because of that I usually wait a week or two for him to clean any bugs before upgrading the mod.  This way I do not have to deal with his arrogance.

After Sunday morning I will start working on and testing the update.

Advertisement: