Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

then it looks like it never got applied to your theme template files.... (and without the bad behavior stuff in the header, it won't work right, either)

When you installed, did you
a) get any file errors listed?
b) check the boxes for applying the mod into additional themes?
c) Add a new theme after you installed the mod?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

toastedone

To be honest I do not remember, should I uninstall and reinstall? Also I know this will sound stupid but I am getting a lit if people register and not comment but they add a signature, is this the sort of thing bad behavior combats?

Kindred

bad behvaior attempts to stop them before they register at all.

You can stop the signature stuff by turning on the dney option and turning on post-count-based groups and setting the newbiew membergroup to DENY permissions to add a signature

you can try uninstalling and reinistalling. Just make sure there are no errors in either case
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

toastedone

How does it tell if it is a spammer or a real person at sign up?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

toastedone

butchs

There is a bunch of help stuff on the first post of this thread too.
:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

toastedone

On my forum I have set up capatcha and questions, email verifiactaion, no signature until a member has posted 10 posts and badbehaviour mod. I am getting so many new registrations a day were they join, do not post and vanish.

Is there any more I can do to prevent this?

xrunner

Quote from: toastedone on April 19, 2013, 07:40:42 AM
On my forum I have set up capatcha and questions, email verifiactaion, no signature until a member has posted 10 posts and badbehaviour mod. I am getting so many new registrations a day were they join, do not post and vanish.

Is there any more I can do to prevent this?

You've done all that and they're still joining and leaving? What's the question you are using?

Kindred

this is not the topic for general spam discussion... unless it has to do with the bad behavior mod please take the questions to general support.
Слaва
Украинi

toastedone

Yes i Have email verification, capatcha, and questions and bad behaviour

the questions are simple

1+8=

7x2=

9-3=

toastedone

Quote from: Kindred on April 19, 2013, 07:48:41 AM
this is not the topic for general spam discussion... unless it has to do with the bad behavior mod please take the questions to general support.

Apologies

butchs

New version 1.5.16:

SMF changes:
1) Reviewed and Updated mysql code.
2) Honeypot link height issued fixed thanks to RustyBarnacle.
3) Upgrade to 2.2.14 core.
4) Updated httpBL search engine list to 2013 standards.

Core Changes:
1) An additional exploit scanner has been identified and blocked.
2) A small change has been made to accommodate a change made by Firefox to its User-Agent format, to ensure that Firefox 25 (which doesn't yet exist) is not improperly blocked.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

chrishicks

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix a few issues I'm having. I have 1.1.18 with Cloudflare and was pointed to this after I moved servers and all of a sudden all IPs are now showing as CF IPs. Prior to the server move this only occurred in posts. Who's Online would show the real IP. I never had any mods installed for that purpose so I'm not sure what changed.

I installed this mod and had no errors. I did have to do a manual edit to a theme that is based off of the default so that should have gone OK. It shows as working and I have the blocked access attempts at the bottom of the forum and a connection to Honey Pot. I also have reverse proxy checked and have Cf-Connecting-Ip in the IP call box. Addresses box is left blank. I did a cache purge on CF but don't see a way to do that on 1.1.18 unless I'm just overlooking it(it's been a long time since I messed with it other than posting).

Now my issues are that I keep getting the following error in the logs:

Undefined variable: headers
File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Sources/BadBehavior-mysql.php
Line: 81

and line 81 is:

$headers = bb2_db_escape($headers);

The other is that all the IPs are still showing as from CF. Is it just that I need to give it more time for the IPs to start changing or is there something else that needs to be done? I keep getting random new spammer members and can't block them by IP as my entire site is operating on about 4 CF IPs at the moment. When I go to the Bad Behavior settings and view the logs real IPs show up however. Is there a way to actually get these to show on the actual forum?

And for the error in the SMF log, if I enable Bad Behavior the log just fills with that error. I had the mod enabled for one minute and ended up with 6 pages of errors. I have been looking over the coding and have yet to see anything wrong but I'm hoping I just keep overlooking something.

Can someone help me out with this by chance?

Thanks.

Kindred

why are you using cloudflare in the first place?
(hint: It does not actually provide any additional security for your server and - as you have noted - it causes problems with records.)
Слaва
Украинi

chrishicks

Some bandwidth(on average I will/would save 2GB/month) and load reduction and it did do a decent job of reducing the spammers up until my forum was moved to another server. I would have a few slip by from time to time but since the new server change the it seems like that's not so anymore. It ran great for almost 2 years other than the CF IP showing up in posts which was never a bother since the real IPs were showing up everywhere else. Now CF IPs are everywhere and I can't figure out what has changed to make that happen. I even installed the Cloudflare.zip by Butchs found in another topic but even with that all IPs are still CF. Is it really that bad using Cloudflare these days? Back when I first started using it everyone else that used it seemed to love it. What's changed?

butchs

Unrelated to this mod... I made a mod for cloudflare mod that still works. Its on the CF wiki and
here.
  I hope someone else will take over the CF mod.

chrishicks

Quote from: butchs on June 05, 2013, 07:21:39 AM
Unrelated to this mod... I made a mod for cloudflare mod that still works. Its on the CF wiki and
here.
  I hope someone else will take over the CF mod.

I actually installed that and it didn't work for me. Everywhere across my forum looks just like the image below.

http://i.imgur.com/lQnxb2k.png

butchs

Again this is not related to the Bad Behavior SMF mod and will give visitors the wrong impression. The cloudflare mod is mere copy of manual code provided by cloudflare.  The cloudflare mod only works on the default SMF theme.  Any other theme will require manual installation!  Please see cloudflare wiki on how to make it compatible with your theme via manual installation.

Bad Behavior SMF mod assumes you have cloudflare working properly with SMF before installing the Bad Behavior SMF mod.   O:)

chrishicks

My current theme is just a css worked over version of the default theme. I'll double check to make sure if there are any edits that may not have taken just to be sure. How about the error I keep encountering when Bad Behavior is turned on?

I keep getting the following error in the logs:

Undefined variable: headers
File: /home/rejectsr/public_html/forum/Sources/BadBehavior-mysql.php
Line: 81

and line 81 is:

$headers = bb2_db_escape($headers);

If I turn on BB I can get 100's of this same error in minutes.

Advertisement: