News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

when you registered, you should have gotten an API and also gotten a set of files to download and place on your site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Auke

On the QuickLink page of PHP there are a number of lines from which I apparently can choose one or more, e.g.:

<a href="http://www.xp-tips.com/cgi-bin/shortlivedreader.cgi?day=4"><!-- format-adorable --></a>

After looking up what API means, I think I'm correct to assume these are API's? Still, I have really no idea which part of this I should put where.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Auke

Okay, good I asked confirmation first...

Where can I find a step-by-step (SMALL steps please!) on how to get the PHP stuff working within BB?

BB already blocked some spammers, but several still slipped through. I hope connecting with PHP will enable BB to keep those out too.

Kindred

Auke,

I have no idea what you are talking about. There is o need to do anything with php.

Once BB is installed, everything is handled through the admin interface, with the exception of uploading the honeypot file(s) to your website using FTP or your file manager... no php.
Слaва
Украинi

Auke

Woops, didn't know there is something else called PHP... With PHP I mean Project Honey Pot, not the scripting language (Project Honey Pot calls itself PHP too).

What should I put in the open fields of the attachment? I guess that is what enables communication between BB and PHP?

How do I upload the honeypot file(s) to my website using FTP or my file manager?

Kindred

Iyou need to find your access key on the project honeypot site and it it into the field there...

And yes, use FTP or your file manager to load the project honeypot files to,your website and then put the link and the trigger word in those other fields.
Слaва
Украинi

Auke

Okay, I understand I have to do that. What I don't understand is HOW to do it. Where can I find a step-by-step manual on these issues? I basically need 'Installing Honey Pots for Dummies'. :-[

Kindred

don't you know ho to use ftp or your host's file manager?

If you don't know that - how did you even install SMF in the first place?
Слaва
Украинi

Auke

With the help of some very patient people... :-[

I didn't start my forum because I wanted a forum but because I saw there was a need for this very specific forum. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find someone who is willing to take care of the technical aspects, which means I have to do it myself.

TKG26

Since installing this mod last August my spam bot registrations dropped to almost zero. The last few weeks or so I see more and more registrations coming through. Wondering what I may check first. Where the hole in the system might be.  Getting difficult to deciver human from bot again

Thanks

Kindred

This mod acts like a good second lock... But the primary lock should be your questions..... 10-20 good questions, asking for 3 will block 100% of the bots and many of the human spammers
Слaва
Украинi

TKG26

thanks i only had 2! LOL Ill make them answer more. That said i did install reCaptcha last week and that seemed to really help

THANKS AGIAN

butchs

New Version posted today:

• Improved cache.
  • Updated SPAM traps.
  • Upgraded core to Bad Behavior 2.2.17.
  • Bad Behavior core is now compatible with PHP 7.
  • Bad Behavior core can now be used on sites which run on a non-standard HTTP port (the standard ports are 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS).

Just as a reminder, if you use CloudFlare on your site, you must enable the Reverse Proxy option and enter "Cf-Connecting-Ip" as "IP call to Reverse Proxy" in Bad Behavior's settings, or many of your visitors and search engines will be blocked.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Sigyn

This mod is refusing to uninstall from my site. Not only does it not do it the normal way (from clicking uninstall) but it gives me this error:
QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

And when I check the logs there is nothing to help me. Is there someone who might be willing to manually uninstall this mod for me?

Biology Forums

The obfuscated email address that it presents is an address that cannot be mailed to, unfortunately.

noreply+nospam@nospam+nospam.nospam.hotmail+nospam-nospam.forums+nospam.nospam.com

Cannot be emailed. Any way to circumvent this problem?

Kindred

Shuban,
it's a noreply address anyway.... there's a reason why addresses are labels "noreply"

Sigyn,

It sounds like your server has a configuration problem which is preventing the uninstallation...  I suspect that you will probably have problems with installations going forward, as well.
Слaва
Украинi

NukeWorker.com

What does the BBC button do?

butchs

All data enclosed in Bad Behavior BBC "suspicious" tags will not be visible to a visitor in the "PERMITTED ENTRIES LOG" and "DENIED ENTRIES LOG".  This log is more effective if you are using Project Honeypot with the mod.  Otherwise it is just the permitted/ denied entries from the Bad Behavior core.

This is added security since only people who pass the BB test or are actual members of your forum can see this information!
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Advertisement: