News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Could I?

Started by clawbog, April 12, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clawbog

Is it okay to post hacked programs on my forum? Or is it against the license?

kat

I'm not being funny, here...

Why not read the license? I think it's in the install package (Though I could be wrong).

Arantor

The licence doesn't have any limitations about what you can or can't post. You can use SMF's software for whatever you want as the licence says.

However if it's illegal, 1) you won't get any support here (warez/hacked programs are a particular dislike of many people on the team) and 2) it's not unheard of for people to be reported to their host and even to law enforcement authorities.

clawbog

Ok, thank you for the information.

confusion

Quote from: clawbog on April 12, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

I can't let the irony pass by unchallenged...  You are looking to have a forum where you host cracked software - which is a willful violation of the license agreement for that software, and yet you are concerned about the subtleties of the SMF license to ensure you don't stray from it?

kat

Perfect logic, if you think about it.

He might need support. ;)

kyleL

Quote from: confusion on April 14, 2010, 07:53:48 AM
Quote from: clawbog on April 12, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

I can't let the irony pass by unchallenged...  You are looking to have a forum where you host cracked software - which is a willful violation of the license agreement for that software, and yet you are concerned about the subtleties of the SMF license to ensure you don't stray from it?

Sig'd.

Quote from: confusion on April 14, 2010, 07:53:48 AM

My Site: Thought For Food Come on down!

caoyiqian

Yeah, just forget the license. Basically the license is developed for the purpose of disclaimer in case the software cause damages to the users.

Arantor

Forgetting the licence is a bad idea. Ignoring the terms of a licence can lead to legal consequences.

Kindred

no, sorry....   the license is NOT developed for a disclaimer in any sense of the word. The license very clearly states what you can and can not do with this software, and violation of the license makes you subject to legal action, up to prosecution.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: