News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Calendar Modules for Mambo/SMF

Started by Kindred, June 02, 2005, 06:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

For now I'll keep it unpublished

Kindred

Ok... so, that was faster than I expected.

I found the problem  (and why the SSI module that comes with the bridge will do the same thing... ) 
With the bridge, it does not like the !smf_loadCalendarInfo()  query...

Remocing that has fixed the problem...   and I updated my modules...  (that is the only differnce in the "a" versions that are now on the site...)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Puc conDoin

Is there a demo-site where we can see this events thingy in action?

Kindred

well, I have the 1.2 version running on my test site (along with my test mambo template) at http://www.turtleshellprod.com/mambo
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Aravot

kdizzle

These are exactly what I need and they are awesome!

I have a few issues I would love to resolve so I can get rid of the ext cal.

Mambo 4.5.2.3
smf 1.1b3
smf-bridge-3.19a
I use fireox and IE

With the showcal module:

• I don't know what I am doing wrong but the showcal only looks right when the smf component is running.  (It looks real good when it is right!)  By right I mean the lines nbetween days is visible
  • Is there a way I can shrink the module?  I am using the 247portal theme and it is  alittle bigger than the others.

With the events module:
The events are not listed chronologically.

Thanks for these modules!

Kindred

the lines showing/not showing would be a CSS issue.  Obviously, you have not copied your SMF CSS into the mambo CSS, so it only knows how to display the calendar the "right" way when SMF is actually loaded and the SMF CSS file has been called.

If you make a new set of icons... showhide0.png and blank.png in a smaller format, the entire module width will be smaller.  Since those are the largest items, I expect that the 14% width of each cell is determined by those.
Although, the weekday names are going to limit how much smaller you can make it.

Yeah... I know that the events are not chronological... I'm working on it for the next release.
Слaва
Украинi

kdizzle

Thank you!

I copied the css from style.css into template.css and it looks great!  I didn't remove any entries that doubled in the template.css what kind of problems might arise from this?

I did what you said and I reduced both the showhide and blank pngs.  The module fits great.  Is there a way to center the entire table in the module?

Is there a way I can change the popup from appearing on the leftside of the screen?  It appears to happen in both ie and friefox.

Thanks again.

xenovanis

If you are using the PortalGreen2 theme, I did remove all double entries already.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

kdizzle

Kindred

The popup location is defined inside the module..  Where would you want it to appear?

(I don't have the code in front of me right now... but I can make a suggestion on Monday, when I get back to my development machine)
Слaва
Украинi

kdizzle

I would like the popup to look like below if possible.

Right now the popup floats on the right but i have the showcal on the left hand side.

I know this is one of your many excellent projects so I understand if it takes some time. 

Thank you for all you help.

Kindred, xenovanis and Ortisio you guys all rule!   
The students and staff at my school will love my site next year!

One last reguest:  Can you tell me how to edit the code so the order of the events modules is

• Events
  • Holidays
  • Birthdays

Thanks again!

Kindred

go to the very bottom of the module code...

the calls for the specific functions (bday, holiday, events) are listed there...  re-order them as needed.
Слaва
Украинi

kdizzle

Quote from: Kindred on August 07, 2005, 06:45:18 PM
go to the very bottom of the module code...

the calls for the specific functions (bday, holiday, events) are listed there...  re-order them as needed.

Aesome, Easy change and it worked like a charm!

Thank you

kdizzle

My server is working again so you can see the image of the screen.

Kindred if you could just point me to where the popup part of the script is I work with it. 

Thank you.

Kindred

damnit...   I had it working on my test system and then it stopped...

The issue here is the relative versus absolute positioning...
If I use relative, then the calendar is thrown out of whack, because it leaves space for the hidden cell(s).
If I use absolute, then it displays whereever the absolute position it (right now in the top left of the screen instead of the top left of the module)

GRUMPH....     does anyone with any experience with hidden divs/cells and positioning have a suggestion???
Слaва
Украинi

kdizzle

I just noticed a bug in the show events module:
I have selected "show" for all three options (birthday,events and holidays).
The evnets show fine but the holidays and birthdays only show when the board index is showing on the front page. 

*Now I did change the order of display.  I will download the unedited files again if this is a bug I created by changing the order.

For the show_cal mod:
I played with the position, float, and z index to no avail.  I did get some weird looking calendars  though!

The calendar looks so good I am continuing to use it even with the popups on the right hand side.  Thanks again for the great mods!

Tercel

@kdizzle
Seems to be a small bug - got the same issue.

THX to Kindred for his Mods!

Kindred

hmmm.... interesting.  I never realized it did that, because I never have the events module showing on the forum page...

It used to work... 

I appear to have broken something in the update for 1.1...    I'll look into it.
Слaва
Украинi

icefalcon

Great module.
Unfortunately there are 3 things that are bothering me.

• Multi day events are not shown after the first day has passed
  • Guests are able to view events they should not be able to see
  • Dates should take locale into account (are listed as Y-M-D but for my locale should be D-M-Y)

Advertisement: