Calendar Modules for Mambo/SMF

Started by Kindred, June 02, 2005, 06:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

well, let's see...   First of all, I assume you are talking about the Events module? (and not the showCal module)

I will look into thje multi-day event thing... along with the other issue above...

there is no checking on whether permissions exist.  This is essentially a module out of SMF context and it does not check SMF permissions.    I may look into it, buit personally, this is low on my list.

Date format is taken directly from SMF... at least, it should be.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

icefalcon

Thanks for the quick response.
You are correct in assuming that I am talking about the events module (sorry for not mentioning it).
Both mambo and SMF show dates correctly yet the dates in the module are shown as Y-M-D.

nameless

I'm having problems installing this. When I upload the file I get a failed message

QuoteFile /home/sfboarde/public_html/sfaloha/media/install_431140a13345f/showhide0.png does not exist!

I tried to upload the php and xml file but I don't see it as an installed module. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA:)

Skate, Snow, and Surf - SF Boarders - Bringing San Francisco Bay Area boarders together.

Kindred

you have to load the ZIP from within mambo admin as a module...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nameless

I am loading it as a module. That is the error I am receiving.

Skate, Snow, and Surf - SF Boarders - Bringing San Francisco Bay Area boarders together.

soulbadguy

Hi, How do i make the event module show "Sept. 20" instead of the default 2005-09-20...

Kindred

modify the code....

I will be making an update to the modules along with my SMF mods at the end of September...
Слaва
Украинi

Aravot

Kindred,

Showcalv1.1 missing *.png files from zip

soulbadguy

Quote from: Kindred on September 02, 2005, 08:36:34 AM
modify the code....

I will be making an update to the modules along with my SMF mods at the end of September...

What should I modify?  :(

Kindred

Soul...

the file is mod_smf_showcal.php in the modules directory.

you'll have to modify the generate date code...   or you can just wait until I do it...
Слaва
Украинi

soulbadguy

Quote from: Kindred on September 07, 2005, 07:49:52 AM
Soul...

the file is mod_smf_showcal.php in the modules directory.

you'll have to modify the generate date code...   or you can just wait until I do it...

I'll wait, thanks so much kindred :)

a50sn95

Did you ever get this fixed? I am getting the same error when I try to install it. I think the zip file is missing the png.....

Quote from: nameless on August 28, 2005, 12:43:58 AM
I'm having problems installing this. When I upload the file I get a failed message

QuoteFile /home/sfboarde/public_html/sfaloha/media/install_431140a13345f/showhide0.png does not exist!

I tried to upload the php and xml file but I don't see it as an installed module. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA:)

a50sn95

Never Mind, I just downloaded the v1.0 zip, copied out the 2 png's and added them to the v1.1 zip. It installed fine after that...
Dennis

jestyr

any chance of modularizing the events module based on event type, or board?

Also I noticed the SMF calendar will hide events tied to ignored boards, but your events module doesnt seem to take this into account and shows events from boards that are ignored.  Clicking the event even takes me to the board that I shouldn't be seeing (I'm running 1.1RC2 so this could be the miscommunication between your module, and how the calendar displays events)

I'm also using Ignore Boards 2.0.1.  if that helps..

DocSnyd3r

Hi,
I'm using the Module mod_smf_eventsv1.2a.zip, also tried Version 1.3 but I don't know were I got it from. I have two problems, when the Forum is not showing it gives me the following error "Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/virtual/fruechtli.de/htdocs/cms/modules/mod_smf_events.php on line 18". After that the events are shown. When the wrapped forum is displayed the error is gone. The next problem is that it shows me the last event first and and can't see the next event if I lower the amount of events to display below the overall number of events. I'm running up2date Versions of the bridge, board and joomla.

hxxp:fruechtli.de/cms [nonactive]

PS the error also goes away when the Gallery2 is shown...

Kindred

"up to date" is not  a version number.

What SPECIFIC versions of the bridge, joomla and SMF are you running?

Yes, the current module has a minor "bug" in that it displays the events in the reverse order of occurence...
Слaва
Украинi

DocSnyd3r

using
Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ]
SMF Bridge 1.1.6
SMF 1.1 RC3

Had to disable SMF_header_include Mambot, otherwise I can't post new entrys in the Guestbook. Is it hard to fix the sort order? Did not look into the code itself but is it something like just alter an SQL statement to sort ascending, not descending?

and thanks in advance for any help

Kindred

1- you really should have the header bot for most of the smf modules to work correctly not to mention potential other issues.

2- yes, there's a bit of SQL... change DESC to ASC

what Guestbook are you using?   The modified akobook?   If so, I suggest you switch to easyGB...   it works fine with the bridge fully enabled and register globals OFF.

--Kindred
Слaва
Украинi

DocSnyd3r

Thx a lot, I changed to EasyGB and it works with the headers enabled. I also changed the SQL statement and it sorts now ascending. But the Warning is still there, so I added a error_reporting(0); so it is not showing anymore. I guess this was the reasen for the warning not to show up, when smf was loaded...

guilliam

does this work with joomla?
tried it with joomla and JSMF from joomlahacks.. doesnt work out of the box.. will see what i can rewrite to make it work.

great work man!

- g
----
SMF ported on Joomla:
http://www.jcip-zugbuana.org

Advertisement: