News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Editing 'login.english.php'

Started by estrides, April 14, 2010, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estrides

Okay, I have a  fairly simple question.

I want to edit this file to add another line for guests to see when they come to the website. 

But I want it to be on it's own new line and it's like a paragraph long.
Where and what do i add to this file to change it.

I also want to keep everything thats their at the moment.

www.theonlyforum.com

Thats my website, you can see what it looks like when you are a guest. I want to add this.

"  A lot of people are asking what this is all about...

Sargasm was created as a place for people all over to come together and discuss a multitude of topics. Based off of pop-culture and other current ideologies, Sargasm is a place to vent your opinions and to enlighten the rest of the community on your ideas.

Whether you're looking for some laughs or a quick review for the latest movie release, this community is growing quickly to provide that for you.

Join and spread the word so that this website can grow and expand!
"

Chas Large

Rather than go to lots of trouble editing the code, it would be easier doing one of the following.

1. Create a new Category and call it About this site or something similar. Add a Board and make it READ ONLY. Add as many About items as you want, you can embellish with BBCode as needed. Simple and easy to do.

2. Install a Portal Mod like SimplePortal or ezPortal. These allow you to build custom home pages that take on the Theme (skin) you're already using. You can add blocks of information that you can set for selected members to see or only for guests etc. Its very easy to install and set up. See it in action on my site.

If you still want to change the code of the templates etc, let us know and we'll help you to do it.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Paul_Pauline

Hi.

I see you have put that information into your sites newsfader, that would seem like an ideal solution to me, it certainly saves messing about with code, and you can change the information in seconds if you need to  ;)
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Advertisement: