News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Enhancements to reattribute posts

Started by davidhs, April 17, 2010, 01:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Quote from: davidhs on October 07, 2017, 12:52:15 PM
Not very intuitive... yes! This area is used only by administrators: these are "advanced users".

Hehehe, that of course is very true !!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

davidhs

Compatible with SMF 2.0.14 and 2.0.15.

davidhs

Quote from: badon on August 16, 2016, 05:30:53 PM
Also, I assume that if I delete the unnecessary account, all the PM's and profile information will be lost. Is that correct? Profile information is unimportant, and can easily be re-entered. But PM's cannot be preserved in any simply way. Maybe it's possible to reattribute PM's too?
About this... Private messagues are PRIVATE. I can not attribute to another account. Sorry.
Systen administrator can access to database and do this manually.

New version:
1.5.9   2017-12-19
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.12-2.0.15 and 2.1 Beta 1 to Beta 3.

aegersz

This is not working for me but maybe i misunderstand what it should do ?

I have username "oldguy" with a few posts but need to rename (not just displayed name) them to "newguy" and reattribute all of oldguy's posts to newguy (essentially a name change) but i have 2 problems:

1. Reassign posts made by registered member/s to another member checkbox is "greyed out" and even if i fiddle it by typing x and 0 in 2 fields above it then i can now tick the checkbox (and later remove x and 0)

2. It doesn't work either way and i have no errors, it says that it worked but all of oldguy's posts are still there and newguy's are empty.

any idea where i am going wrong ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

lurkalot

Quote from: aegersz on August 17, 2018, 09:29:51 PM
This is not working for me but maybe i misunderstand what it should do ?

I have username "oldguy" with a few posts but need to rename (not just displayed name) them to "newguy" and reattribute all of oldguy's posts to newguy (essentially a name change) but i have 2 problems:

1. Reassign posts made by registered member/s to another member checkbox is "greyed out" and even if i fiddle it by typing x and 0 in 2 fields above it then i can now tick the checkbox (and later remove x and 0)

2. It doesn't work either way and i have no errors, it says that it worked but all of oldguy's posts are still there and newguy's are empty.

any idea where i am going wrong ?

Why not just change their username.  In Modify Profile > Account Settings.  Directly under where it says Username there's a link that says change.  It will show you a warning, "To change this member's username, the forum must also reset their password, which will be emailed to the member with their new username."

aegersz

hey, so it does.

i never noticed that before.

mission accomplished ! thank you for your time.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

davidhs

Yes, in your case is best renaming the user.

About your question (reattribute all posts from user oldguy to user newguy), you must fill these fields:
- Attribute guest posts made with: (*) Username of [oldguy]
- Attribute posts based on time: Date [1980-01-01] (You want reattribute all posts, I suppose this date is enought low!)
- Attribute registered member post: [X] (before check this you must enter a date)
- Attribute posts to member: [newguy]

aegersz

i see. thanks as it wasn't obvious to me.

the mod will still come in handy even though i was helped get around my problem.

davidhs

New version:
1.5.10  2019-04-09
------------------
! SMF 2.1.x: Use HTML 5.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.1 RC1 to RC2.
! SMF 2.1.x: Languages: Only UTF-8 languages are used.
! Languages: Some language string in english, english-utf8, english_british, english_british-utf8, french, french-utf8.
+ Languages: portuguese_brazilian, portuguese_brazilian-utf8, portuguese_pt, portuguese_pt-utf8, thanks to Americano.

davidhs

Compatible with SMF 2.0.16 and 2.0.17.

davidhs

New version:
1.5.11  2021-02-13
------------------
! SMF 2.0.x: Do not use HTML entities in ISO-8859-1 languages.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.16-2.0.18 and 2.1 RC3.

SMiFFER

I love when modders update their mods like you do. Thanks!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Advertisement: