News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple ImageShack (latest release: v3.1.3)

Started by Rik©, June 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik©

Quote from: Low Notes on April 01, 2007, 11:05:35 AM
How do you manally install?  I uploaded it through my control panel and it didn't work.  Thank you.
Which version of Simple ImageShack do you use?

Sheer Progress

Actually, I tried all three!  If you tell me which version you would recommend (I'm using 1.1.2 with the fq:.:zm theme) I will use that and use your instructions.  I really appreciate you trying to help me.

Rik©

Ok, here we go...

Manually install for Simple ImageShack v2.0.3 and SMF 1.1.2, using fq:.:zm as default theme.
(first install the mod (if you haven't already) so it will display in the default template and other templates that use the one from the default theme...)

• Open Post.template.php of the theme

• Search
// Finally, the submit buttons.

• Replace with
// SimpleImageShack v2.0.3 by Rik© - SimpleTweaks.co.nr
$sisframe_width = $modSettings['SimpleImageShack_width'];
$sisframe_height = $modSettings['SimpleImageShack_height'];
$sisframe_txtclr = $modSettings['SimpleImageShack_txtclr'];
$sisframe_uplfld = $modSettings['SimpleImageShack_uplfld'];

if (!empty($modSettings['SimpleImageShack_permis']))
{
if (!empty($modSettings['SimpleImageShack_enable']) && AllowedTo('SimpleImageShack_view'))
{
echo '<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2">
<iframe src="http://www.imageshack.us/iframe.php?txtcolor='. $sisframe_txtclr. '&type=blank&size='. $sisframe_uplfld. '" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="'. $sisframe_width. '" height="'. $sisframe_height. '" allowtransparency="true"> You must have an iframe-compatable browser to view the ImageShack.us upload form.</iframe>
</td>
</tr>';
}
}
else
{
if (!empty($modSettings['SimpleImageShack_enable']))
{
echo '<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2">
<iframe src="http://www.imageshack.us/iframe.php?txtcolor='. $sisframe_txtclr. '&type=blank&size='. $sisframe_uplfld. '" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="'. $sisframe_width. '" height="'. $sisframe_height. '" allowtransparency="true"> You must have an iframe-compatable browser to view the ImageShack.us upload form.</iframe>
</td>
</tr>';
}
}
// SimpleImageShack v2.0.3 by Rik© - SimpleTweaks.co.nr

// Finally, the submit buttons.

• Close, save and upload the file

- Rik©

Sheer Progress

Thank you - I'm going to give it a try.  Which directory should I upload to, sheerprogress (main directory) or /forums or forums/modfiles?

Rik©

Use the package manager to install the mod.
Then edit the Post.template.php and upload it to the themes dir...

Sheer Progress

OK, now I really feel stupid.  I've always just uploaded directly through my control panel.  Where can I access my package manager?  I'm sure this will take care of everything.  Thanks!

OK, I tried the parser again, and this is the error message I got:

Installation instructions for SMF versions: 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2
Error: Readme file (/tmp/smf_xml/DocsSISv203_readme.txt) doesn't exist!
Readme:

Notice: Undefined variable: readme in /home/groups/modparser/htdocs/index.php on line 232

PHP script to execute: Modfiles/SISv202_add_settings.php
Modifications to SMF files
Error: Modification XML file (/tmp/smf_xml/ModfilesSimpleImageShack_203b.xml) doesn't exist!

Rik©

Quote from: Low Notes on April 02, 2007, 02:52:00 PM
OK, now I really feel stupid.  I've always just uploaded directly through my control panel.  Where can I access my package manager?  I'm sure this will take care of everything.  Thanks!
Go to SMF Admin --> Packages --> Download Packages
There you will find the option to upload a package.

Quote from: Low Notes on April 02, 2007, 02:52:00 PM
OK, I tried the parser again, and this is the error message I got:[/b][/color]

Installation instructions for SMF versions: 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2
Error: Readme file (/tmp/smf_xml/DocsSISv203_readme.txt) doesn't exist!
Readme:

Notice: Undefined variable: readme in /home/groups/modparser/htdocs/index.php on line 232

PHP script to execute: Modfiles/SISv202_add_settings.php
Modifications to SMF files
Error: Modification XML file (/tmp/smf_xml/ModfilesSimpleImageShack_203b.xml) doesn't exist!
The mod-package isn't completely compatible with the package parser.
here's why --> http://simpl.si.funpic.org/forum/index.php?topic=106.msg322#msg322
I've attached a revision of the package that should work with the package parser.

- Rik©

Sheer Progress

Yay!  It's working.  Now I have to figure out how to use it.  Does this mean any picture I post is available to the public?  Also I still don't understand how you get the images to show up on your forum.  You've been so helpful - thank you!

Mariano

Sheer Progress

Let me clarify.  I uploaded the image from my drive and clicked the host button, which took me to the ImageShack site, where it showed both html to point to the pictures.  I was hoping they would actually show up in my reply box.  What am I doing wrong?  I tried to get info from the ImageShack site, but it is extremely slow to load and it eventually times out.

Rik©

You're doing nothing wrong, just copy/paste one of the codes that ImageShack.us provides.
Copy/paste the Thumbnail/Hotlink for forums (1) code or put the direct link between the bbc img tags.
Maybe in a future version the code will be inserted into the post automaticly, but that will take some time to code...

- Rik©

SMdot™

I want to install this manually, since I'm getting errors when I try to install the package. can someone tell me what files need to be modified/replaced/removed etc.

nami_eiku

Quote from: Rik© on April 03, 2007, 02:35:53 AM
Maybe in a future version the code will be inserted into the post automaticly, but that will take some time to code...

- Rik©
You could make it work with the hxxp:www.imageshack.us/content.php?page=developer [nonactive] that imageshack provides. It might not be too difficult if you know some AJAX

Rik©

Quote from: nami_eiku on May 28, 2007, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: Rik© on April 03, 2007, 02:35:53 AM

- Rik©
You could make it work with the XML API that imageshack provides. It might not be too difficult if you know some AJAX
Thanks for reminding me.
I was working on it untill i decided to use all my spare time for coding another mod (which i will release soon).

When a beta is ready i will post here...

- Rik©

raaja

looking for version 1.1.3

Rik©

Quote from: raaja on August 02, 2007, 07:47:04 AM

Sorry, had a real busy 'real life'.
I will update the package this weekend/next week.

- Rik©

Rik©

Quote from: Rik© on August 03, 2007, 11:14:17 AM
Quote from: raaja on August 02, 2007, 07:47:04 AM

Sorry, had a real busy 'real life'.
I will update the package this weekend/next week.

- Rik©

Updated the package for SMF 1.0.11 and 1.1.3
Download SISv203rev1.zip at the Simple Machines modsite now!
Enjoy!

- Rik©

smartmouse

Please check it out, it says the package is not valid or corrupt.

Thank you.

Rik©

Quote from: smartmouse on August 15, 2007, 06:59:32 PM

Thank you.
Which package and which SMF version?

smartmouse

Quote from: Rik© on August 17, 2007, 06:40:32 AM
Quote from: smartmouse on August 15, 2007, 06:59:32 PM

Thank you.
Which package and which SMF version?

SISv203rev1.zip with SMF v1.1.3...

Advertisement: