News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unexpected error - forum down

Started by bran8464, April 18, 2010, 06:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbie93

Did you have the mods that I had installed? it hasn't only happened to me Arantor I am not the author of the topic. Nope I didn't check the error logs, I was more concerned about the amount of disk space that the error was eating up, when I went into the cache folder there was lots and lots of files there that even after you deleted them they would reapear, this was the error that was similar to the one I was getting cache/data_f05a75a542de639dd3f2bff78b8ed16a-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Arantor

Yes, that's because SMF caches stuff to prevent it killing the database server. Having files in cache is perfectly normal, heck I often write code specifically to put stuff in cache.

No, I didn't have the mods you have, but since SMF itself doesn't have that issue, neither do any of the sites I use, I can only conclude one or more of your mods are defective.

robbie93

Yeah, but there was files after files in the cache that was related to this error, it wasnt normal SMF behaviour, and when you would delete them they would re appear, have you asked the OP if he had any mods installed? all I know is that the same thing that happened to him happened to me and my disk space was gobbled up, not good.

Arantor

Actually, that was what I WAS asking, I didn't specifically ask you.

*shrug* You have a mod that's caching data and it's doing so at an alarming rate, so again it's one or more of your mods that's buggy.

Advertisement: