News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

oh my god, are we dying.

Started by wynnyelle, April 20, 2010, 02:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ishy

Yes, but right at the end of the school year it's not too surprising. It's just a crazy busy time of year.

wynnyelle

Yeah. It is. I'm just going on the data from my forum for the last two years in which we were much busier during this time despite that.

rd

oh my god, are we dying?

Yes you are, sometimes you can change it and sometimes no matter what you do, your forum will be dead.

* Royalduke has seen quite a few forums with thousands of members die.

wynnyelle

I've seen quite a few die as well...take a look around the net, how many booming forums from the year 2000 are still around?

Nevertheless, I'll die before my forum does.

Specklefur

It's been a little over a month and we're down a little bit. I agree with ishy that it's not surprising - I noticed a little bit of drop this time of year last year.

I think you need to calm down a little - not to say that I blame you and I understand where you're coming from, but you've been posting a lot of things up lately and not only bringing me down and discouraging, but it seems like you are to yourself as well. Like I said I'll advertise for you, but just stick it out a little longer. If it's just the time, it wouldn't surprise me which is why you should.

We all love you, and the site as well. You've got a lot of loyal members. :3

wynnyelle

I love you guys too. I'm not giving up. I'm sorry I was such a downer lately, but I was just trying to alert people to the fact that we got an issue.

Specklefur

I know. :]
And I don't think you should give up, anyway! Just that maybe you should wait it out a little and not stress out about it quite as much, but I can't blame you for feeling that way. I'd be working extra hard if it was my site it seemed was dying.

Allusion

Are you sure that registration e-mails are being sent out and that they don't end up in spam folders?

Have you tried registering a new account from the normal registration page (not from Admin > Registration), just to see what happens?

di3f00l

I'm thinking maybe before most of the new members were bots.

edit: WOW I just looked at your forum, that's an amazing job! You grew like crazy for a free smf start! :O

Specklefur

For some people it did end up in the spam folder. However, some people did not receive theirs whatsoever.

wynnyelle

Yes, some people just don't get them at all. It seems most people are fine but we get a few who say they do have problems. I set up a guest account people can use to let us know if they need help with straightening that out.

LOL our forum was cloned over from Proboards. We spent the last 5 years acquiring all those members and posts! Almost all of them were ported over.

Advertisement: