News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Get To Know The Team - Arantor

Started by Arantor, August 30, 2009, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Quote from: ArantorHow tall are you? 5'7"

If I'm 6'4", where about's are you on me?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Arantor

Well, I'm not going to grow any more now, been this height since I stopped growing a decade or so ago, heh....

ApplianceJunk

I know this topic is a few years old, but I just read it for the first time and found it interesting to learn more about you.

Quote5. What are your goals/dreams in life? To be able to support myself and my family financially and emotionally purely on my own creations; not relying on a company to pay my wages, but to go self employed. The aforementioned RPG is part of that dream.

Have you achieved this goal/dream yet?

From reading your replies here at SMF their is no doubt you are a very talented person with a lot of experience and it's great that you are willing to share it with others.

Arantor

Well, since that point, my family kind of split up, the RPG still hasn't materialised and I'm currently only doing marginal work on a financial basis because after splitting up with my long term partner (would have been ten years together yesterday), I've just been going through a phase of burn out.

So, really, all things considered, it's all a bit ****ed up.

ApplianceJunk

Oh, sorry to hear that.

Your still talented and young. :)

Arantor

Thanks, though I have to admit despite being 28, I feel very much as though I'm over the hill :(

ApplianceJunk

Feel over the hill at 28, wait until your my age, lol...

Just think of Colonel Sanders.

At age 65, Sanders' store having failed due to the new Interstate 75 reducing his restaurant's customer traffic, he took $105 from his first Social Security check and began visiting potential franchisees.

The franchise approach was successful, and less than ten years later (in 1964) Sanders sold the Kentucky Fried Chicken corporation for $2 million to a partnership of Kentucky businessmen headed by John Y. Brown, Jr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Sanders

You just never know.

It's not over until it's over. :)

Advertisement: