News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Rewriting the Customization Site

Started by SlammedDime, April 20, 2010, 04:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

Not to mention the turnover on who's working on it and how they think it should be done.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

live627

Basing iit on SMCore!? Sorry, but I don't see a final version rolled out before three year's time.

IchBin™

While it may be true that it'll probably be a couple of years before we will see a smCore/SMF3 release. smCore will be ready before that, and it will be used in more than just the SMF release.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Fustrate

Also remember that the entire development model is different than it was before, as is the entire development team. While I can say "it's not going to take three years" all I want, that won't change anyone's opinion - the best way to prove it is to just get it done :)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

live627

Quote from: Fustrate on April 10, 2012, 12:45:06 PM
Also remember that the entire development model is different than it was before, as is the entire development team.
That can have interesting results.

QuoteWhile I can say "it's not going to take three years" all I want, that won't change anyone's opinion - the best way to prove it is to just get it done :)
Yep. Actions always speak louder than words.

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 10, 2012, 12:26:41 PM
While it may be true that it'll probably be a couple of years before we will see a smCore/SMF3 release. smCore will be ready before that, and it will be used in more than just the SMF release.
Not talking SMF here, but the entire cusstomisation site.

IchBin™

Quote from: live627 on April 10, 2012, 07:21:49 PM
Quote from: IchBin™ on April 10, 2012, 12:26:41 PM
Not talking SMF here, but the entire cusstomisation site.

That's why I was pointing out that smcore will be done first. Which the customize site will be using.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: