News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need Facebook "Like" mod testers

Started by Mick., April 22, 2010, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: Kcmartz on April 30, 2010, 01:31:21 PM
When will it be available? I'd use it for reasons for a few of my facebook friends...
When it's ready.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Yağız...

Quote from: bluedevil on April 29, 2010, 11:43:23 AM
Rc3 is ready in the mod site waiting approval.

I started working for the 1.1.x but it may be a while as i have chores to do at home and i have a plumbing leak in my laundry room that needs fixed.

The 1.1.x will be added when finished in a separate package as i dont want it mixed with rc3.

....besides,...i dont know anything of 1.1.x so im also studying it to add board permissions and a database like the rc3 mod.

Post there if you need any help :)

swiftmed

It says you have packaged it below in your post, but I don't see it anywhere? I know it hasnt been an approved mod yet, but is there anyway I can get hold of the copy that a few others have installed here please? If not via the forum, would somebody be able to email it to me please? [email protected]

I would really really appreciate it :d
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

http://cherylanncole.co.uk/forums
SMF 2.0 RC2

Mick.

Quote from: swiftmed on May 03, 2010, 12:51:36 PM
It says you have packaged it below in your post, but I don't see it anywhere? I know it hasnt been an approved mod yet, but is there anyway I can get hold of the copy that a few others have installed here please? If not via the forum, would somebody be able to email it to me please? [email protected]

I would really really appreciate it :d

The one i had uploaded was for testing purposes.   The final, is waiting approval.

swiftmed

Quote from: bluedevil on May 03, 2010, 01:56:49 PM
The one i had uploaded was for testing purposes.   The final, is waiting approval.

Thank you for the reply sir. Any idea roughly how long approval takes? Or would it be possible for you to email me a copy of the one you uploaded for testing please?
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

KensonPlays

Dzonny

This would be cool, im waiting for mod to be appoved.

Mick.

The SMF team dloaded the other day for their testing but no response yet.  :o

Usually i get a response soon after they download it but its been 3 days since they did.

Dzonny

bluedevil, be patient, they will response after few days, after mod is tested... :)

Mick.

Quote from: Dzonny on May 04, 2010, 01:26:44 PM
bluedevil, be patient, they will response after few days, after mod is tested... :)

Oh is no biggie.  I already learned no to be ansy when submitting mods.   I understand completely what's behind the curtain.

swiftmed

Any rough Idea on when this will go live anybody?
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

Mick.

Quote from: swiftmed on May 12, 2010, 12:29:12 PM

Well...... they get reviewed and approved on a come first basis.   If there's 20 mods in front, then we would have to wait until is our time.

swiftmed

Quote from: bluedevil on May 12, 2010, 12:35:57 PM

Well...... they get reviewed and approved on a come first basis.   If there's 20 mods in front, then we would have to wait until is our time.

I see. Is it possible for anybody send me a copy of the mod submitted for review please? Id be happy to pay for it, and will obviously take full responsibility of installing it etc.
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

~DS~

Quote from: swiftmed on May 12, 2010, 12:55:31 PM

I see. Is it possible for anybody send me a copy of the mod submitted for review please? Id be happy to pay for it, and will obviously take full responsibility of installing it etc.
Geez, can't you wait? It's not approved yet.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

swiftmed

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 12, 2010, 01:08:08 PM

Well obviously I know it's not been approved yet, didn't need you to tell me that. Im simply asking IF the author of the mod is willing to send it to me before approval, and for his troubles, am willing to reimburse him. What's the problem with that? If you don't ask, you don't get!

Geez. What a pointless comment.
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

~DS~

Quote from: swiftmed on May 12, 2010, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 12, 2010, 01:08:08 PM

Well obviously I know it's not been approved yet, didn't need you to tell me that. Im simply asking IF the author of the mod is willing to send it to me before approval, and for his troubles, am willing to reimburse him. What's the problem with that? If you don't ask, you don't get!

Geez. What a pointless comment.
Oh really? Everyone is waiting and wanting this as well, why would you be any different from them? Most authors do not send mods to anyone before approval UNLESS he/she is a beta tester. If you really need that bad...why not PM the author? Patient is a virtue.

swiftmed

Look, Im not going to argue with you, or anybody for that matter.

It was a simple request to the author of this mod, nobody else needed to get involved or whatever. Its upto the author if he wants to accept my offer of payment or not.
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

Mayhem30

I'll help you guys out.

You will just need to find a place you want to put the button in your Display.template.php file.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=';, $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '&amp;layout=button_count&amp;show_faces=true&amp;width=80&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:80px; height:21px"></iframe>

swiftmed

Quote from: Mayhem30 on May 12, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
I'll help you guys out.

You will just need to find a place you want to put the button in your Display.template.php file.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=';, $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '&amp;layout=button_count&amp;show_faces=true&amp;width=80&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:80px; height:21px"></iframe>

Aww your a legend, thank so much for this!!!

Edit: The code worked perfectly. Thank you very much sir!!
With Regards,
Andrew MacDonald

SMF 2.0 RC2

Mayhem30

Quote from: swiftmed on May 12, 2010, 01:53:41 PM
Quote from: Mayhem30 on May 12, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
I'll help you guys out.

Aww your a legend, thank so much for this!!!

Your welcome!

You will need to adjust the width and height if you want the "Show Faces" feature. It's enabled, but cutoff due to height and width restrictions.

Advertisement: