News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Themes.

Started by xNinjaX, April 22, 2010, 08:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xNinjaX

I am an administrator on a forum that is Powered by SMF 2.0 RC1.2.

I used a theme for my forums named "January (2.0)" by Crip, and all of a sudden the administrative panel doesn't work.

Also; Installing packages doesn't work, either, is there any way to fix it?

Antechinus

If this is a theme you just installed, are you sure the version you downloaded is compatible with RC1.2?

I would strongly advise upgrading to RC3 as RC1.2 has a lot of bugs and security holes that have since been fixed.

xNinjaX

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

I'm only an administrator of the forums, so I can't upgrade it, only do themes and such.

Can you redirect me to where I can find compatible themes?

And the package download thing doesn't work at all.

Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

I don't get it >.<.

Antechinus

Just checked on the download page. January is only for RC2, which is why it's not working with RC1.2.

If you're the site admin you should be able to upgrade the site. Who has control over all the admin functions and the FTP access?

Antechinus

Oh and if you can see the package manager that means you are inside admin. Reset the site to use the default theme.

xNinjaX

Well there's only one person that has FTP access, but I believe we all have the same rights on the forums admin panel.

I'm trying to find a good theme.

Do I need FTP access to upgrade the site? IF not, how would I be able to do it?

Antechinus

Yes you will need FTP, or direct cPanel access. Release Candidates (which is what RC means) can't be upgraded via the package manager.

Seriously I would not worry about themes for now, or mods. The upgrade really should be done asap and it will break RC1.2 themes anyway.

Advertisement: