News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

restore_backup.php problems..

Started by Tristan Perry, June 04, 2005, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Perry

Hello,
I'm trying to restore a 100 megabyte database onto my test server's version of SMF. When running the restore_backup.php file, everything is fine, apart from the messages and members tables; which render many errors. Below are a few errors that are shown:

QuoteSome of the queries were not executed properly. Technical information about the queries:
Line #32984: BLOB/TEXT column 'personalText' used in key specification without a key length
Line #x: Table 'smf.yabbse_members' doesn't exist
Line #34299: BLOB/TEXT column 'subject' used in key specification without a key length
Line #x: Table 'smf.yabbse_messages' doesn't exist

The "Table 'x' doesn't exist" errors are shown about 100 times each. I'm running PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.1.12 on my test server. Edit: Oh, and I'm using create_backup.php to create the backup. The server where I get the backup from is running MySQL 4.0.24.
Any help would be appreciated,
Tau Online

[Unknown]

Are you sure you're using the latest versions of the two tools?

I haven't actually released them as stable yet, mind you.

The two errors are probably faily easy to fix, and the rest are caused by those two:

Line #32984: BLOB/TEXT column 'personalText' used in key specification without a key length
Line #34299: BLOB/TEXT column 'subject' used in key specification without a key length

To fix them, assuming it was an old create_backup.php or a different version of MySQL, find:

(personalText)

Replace:

(personalText(30))

Find:

(subject)

Replace:

(subject(30))

Each should be on or very near the specified lines.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Hmm.. Thanks. Using the new files, the only error shown was a PHP notice which isn't really important:

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: line in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\SMF\restore_backup.php on line 191

Although same problem as last time- Comparing the two databases everything after log_topics seems to not have been restored.. So I make the changes you mentioned above, and now get:

QuoteSome of the queries were not executed properly. Technical information about the queries:
Line #23395: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(30) NOT NULL default '',
`gender` tinyint(4) unsigned NOT NUL
Line #x: Table 'smf.yabbse_members' doesn't exist
Line #24746: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(30)
`posterName` tinytext NOT NULL default '',
`posterEmail
Line #x: Table 'smf.yabbse_messages' doesn't exist

The odd thing with this is that, now, all tables have been fully restored, apart from the members and messages tables- which have been deleted and so SMF won't open ("Table 'smf.yabbse_members' doesn't exist") The key lengths are there which is what is confusing me.

I realize these files aren't stable yet, and so I appreciate the help lots but if the errors can't be easily fixed, I fully understand  :)

[Unknown]

Those weren't the changes I meant :/.

Can you email me the dump?

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 06, 2005, 04:33:17 AM
Those weren't the changes I meant :/.

Can you email me the dump?

-[Unknown]
Oh right..  :-[ I'd be happy to e-mail you the file (To '[email protected]' ?) although it's 26 megabytes when gz-zipped, and 80 un-zipped just to let you know. Should I still send it? [The zipped one]

[Unknown]

Yes, that's fine... I'll take a look at what might be wrong.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 07, 2005, 06:17:43 AM
Yes, that's fine... I'll take a look at what might be wrong.

-[Unknown]
Ok thanks a lot  :) I'm e-mailing you it know... By the way sorry about the first e-mail, I forgot to attach the file  :-[

[Unknown]

I only received one email with no attachment.

If you can't send that large an attachment, what about restoring those tables that work fine (not members and messages, yes?) and then trying to (with a copy of the backup!) strip out the data for the other tables (like log_topics, topics, personal_messages, etc.) - maybe that would make it small enough?

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 07, 2005, 08:33:08 PM
I only received one email with no attachment.

If you can't send that large an attachment, what about restoring those tables that work fine (not members and messages, yes?) and then trying to (with a copy of the backup!) strip out the data for the other tables (like log_topics, topics, personal_messages, etc.) - maybe that would make it small enough?

-[Unknown]
Ok thanks, I'll try stripping out the data. I have definately sent both and so it's probably because of the size of the attachment that the e-mail wasn't sent properly. One final question: What program do you use to open databases? Using Word is too slow and crashes my PC, notepad works about 50% of the time, although crashes my PC the other half of the time..

Tristan Perry

I just got an un-delievered mail message. It appears your inbox is full?

QuoteThis message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on monkey.lewismedia.com.

The message identifier is:     [Edited]
The subject of the message is: [Edited]
The date of the message is:    Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:54:28 +0100

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

[email protected]
    Delay reason: mailbox is full

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

[Unknown]

Interesting.  I thought it was set so my box couldn't be full :P.

Anyway, I would use a text editor.  A good one for large files is UltraEdit.

-[Unknown]

sifirforum.com

i have this error:

QuoteUndefined index: line in /home/..../forum/restore_backup.php on line 191
SIFIR proudly hosted by servega

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Dorte

Hi!
I tried moving my SQL data with create_backup and restore_backup. Backuping went wonderfully, but when restoring I got this message:
"Some of the queries were not executed properly. Technical information about the queries:
Line #1: Query was empty"

Any idea what went wrong?

JayBachatero

Did you modify any of the tables?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Dorte

Not that I know of, I don't really have a clue about SQL and all that sort of stuff which is why I chose SMF ;) it's so wonderfully automatic...

~Romil

Hi, sorry to have bumped this old thread, but isnt it supposed to address those restore_backup.php issues?

Well, I took two backups of my Joomla bridged SMF, one via phpMyAdmin and one using [Unknown]'s backup utility. Both of them render this error on the stage3:

Notice: Undefined index: line in /home/mediacra/public_html/arpsshillong/forum/restore_backup.php on line 181
[color=red]Some of the queries were not executed properly. Technical information about the queries:[/color]
Line #1718: Invalid default value for 'logTime'
Line #1726: Table 'mediacra_smf.smf2_log_online' doesn't exist

The earlier installation was SMF RC 1.1 and trying to do it over SMF 1.1, and haven't touched the db as such. Any ideas?
~Romil

~Romil

I fixed the 'TIMESTAMP' issue, and restored the .sql file using restore_backup, it was a success there.

But, cant see restored posts and topics on live forum? What could be the problem?
~Romil

~Romil

Sorry for being impatient, but retried everything and got success message but still those forum posts dont appear. But, when I see the db with myPHPAdmin, the db is there allright. (www.arpsshillong.com/forum)

Do I have to run any update on the version numbers for SMF 1.1? Earlier installation was SMF 1.1 RC1 with Joomla bridge. Please suggest.
~Romil

Orstio

You can't use a SMF 1.1 RC1 database backup on a SMF 1.1 Final forum.  There have been too many changes for that to work.

Do you still have a backup of the SMF 1.1 RC1 files?

Advertisement: