News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.4 released

Started by Grudge, June 05, 2005, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

dustrho,

I suspect that your forum does not support downloading of files from our server direct to yours, download the package direct from:

http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/smf_1-0-4_package.tar.gz

and upload it to your Packages directory on your server and try and install it that way?

Grudge
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Quote from: xtremecruiser on June 08, 2005, 02:01:09 PM
I have to uninstall most manually, like FP and for the life of me I can not get the Banner Manager 3.4 to uninstall even by hand >:(

Why do you have to uninstall the banner manager?

Quotemany are running the FP due to its add on toys ;)

Apparently, not a one of the beta testers who tested the release were.  Still, there's little we could have done except package a special "faster parsecode" or "spam me not" edition of the upgrade, which is a bit inane.

-[Unknown]

dustrho

Quote from: Grudge on June 08, 2005, 02:59:20 PM
dustrho,

I suspect that your forum does not support downloading of files from our server direct to yours, download the package direct from:

http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/smf_1-0-4_package.tar.gz

and upload it to your Packages directory on your server and try and install it that way?

Grudge

Well, before I got this reply I was finally able to get back into my Package Manager.  I didn't do anything to resolve the problem of it not working just a few minutes ago, but it's working now and I was able to successfully upgrade to 1.0.4.  Thanks for the tip though Grudge!  People helping others like this community does is what makes SMF the best damn forum software out there!   :D

rgarrison

Wow that was a fast an easy upgrade

Ray™

I just went to the package manager and at the top of the page it said you have a new update to install would you like to ?? (or somthing like that) I said yes and the update install fine. Nice job again all
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

digital-cipher

Just upgraded, works a treat !!!!

Psiloman

yup,just upgraded ,everything went smooth and easy,thanks SMF crew!

Two "quickies"

1)I can see in my installed package manager the "upgrade patch" installed with of course not an unnistall option.If lets say 1.1 gets released and i upgrade using the package manager will on my list both 1.0.4 patch and 1.1 patch show? Im wondering that because one may install some mods and if he lets say follows 5 upgrades this way the lsit might get crowded.Will a future patch "sit on" and substitute the current one?

2)I am an Ostrio's bridge proud user! I installed the patch though without uninstalling and then reinstalling his bridge. was i supposed to?

Thanks!

culpeper

Is this okay after upgrade:

dtm.exe

Quote from: culpeper on June 08, 2005, 08:38:10 PM

No.  Not all of your SMF package is updated.

-Dan The Man

culpeper

Any suggestions on how to do that?  It seems to be running okay.  Also, I was upgrading from 1.0.3.  Looks like those older versions were there from the first install.  Which was 1.0.3.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Psiloman on June 08, 2005, 08:08:21 PM
1)I can see in my installed package manager the "upgrade patch" installed with of course not an unnistall option.If lets say 1.1 gets released and i upgrade using the package manager will on my list both 1.0.4 patch and 1.1 patch show? Im wondering that because one may install some mods and if he lets say follows 5 upgrades this way the lsit might get crowded.Will a future patch "sit on" and substitute the current one?

2)I am an Ostrio's bridge proud user! I installed the patch though without uninstalling and then reinstalling his bridge. was i supposed to?

Unforunately, the 1.1 upgrade will *not* be available as a package.  Too many changes.  It will overwrite the current patch.  But, 1.0.5 and any future patches will just work with the old patch.

For the second, yes it is fine.

Well, culpeper, it sounds like you didn't update Themes/default/Admin.template.php.

-[Unknown]

Dannii

It said it failed for the subs.php update, which i expect is because I added a custom tag. Should i just make the modifications specificed in the smf_1-0-4.mod file manually?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

culpeper

Quote from: culpeper on June 08, 2005, 08:38:10 PM

Okay, ran upgrade.php and it gave a successful message for everything.

Now, the Sources, and Default Templates above both state 1.0.4

Language Files, and Current Templates still say 1.0.

Everything okay now?

edchapman

I get this message

3. Execute Modification   ./index.php   Failure

Should I "Procced"?

dtm.exe

Quote from: edchapman on June 08, 2005, 10:52:05 PM
I get this message

Should I "Procced"?

Go into your FTP and set the CHMOD of index.php to 777.

-Dan The Man

edchapman

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on June 08, 2005, 11:08:53 PM
Quote from: edchapman on June 08, 2005, 10:52:05 PM
I get this message

Should I "Procced"?

Go into your FTP and set the CHMOD of index.php to 777.

-Dan The Man

It is set to 777

culpeper

Change the permission on the settings.php file to 777

edchapman

Quote from: culpeper on June 08, 2005, 11:12:47 PM
Change the permission on the settings.php file to 777

That is too

culpeper

Did you upgrade through the package manager or download the upgrade package?

edchapman

Quote from: culpeper on June 08, 2005, 11:17:32 PM
Did you upgrade through the package manager or download the upgrade package?

Package Manager

Advertisement: