News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.4 released

Started by Grudge, June 05, 2005, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac

Quote from: steveeyes on June 09, 2005, 04:25:51 PM
Hi

I hate asking this question, but I'm lost. It seems everyone here knows where the pckage manager is and I have no idea. Is it part of 1.03 or part of the dowloaded files that come with 1.04. I keep looking for a folder, a file name or something that says package manager but have no luck finding it.

Sorry for such a basic question, but I'm a rookie. Where and how do I find the package manager???

thanks
steve
There is a link in your Admin Center, it is on the left menu bar, one of the top links. :)

Bitwiz44

I have many mods. I didn't un-install them. However, I did not have any problems either. It went as described by Unknown.

SMF is the premium stuff!

Gary

Quote from: Bitwiz44 on June 09, 2005, 04:34:07 PM
I have many mods. I didn't un-install them. However, I did not have any problems either. It went as described by Unknown.

You're a charter Member, why not use SMF 1.1 Beta 2? ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

[Unknown]

Quote from: rvforumite on June 09, 2005, 01:33:08 PM
littleone

Those pre-install red "failure" notices should also have had a note somewhere on screen saying that FTP access is required to some files in order for them to be changed. When I've installed/upgraded, the Package Manager asks for the password to be able to get the access it needs. If installing manually, the permissions for some files or directories will need to changed, which is essentially what the Package Manager does itself using your password.

That is not correct!  The Failure notices mean the file contains something the package isn't expecting.

-[Unknown]

ViV

Hmmm.. so from entire conversation... one comes to a conclusion... that there is no specific solution to [ img ][ /img ] tags problem. I never had any faster parsecode or spam-me-not mods added on my board. And the images used to appear perfectly before I ran this upgrade. and I am very sorry to say, after running this upgrade all images in posts, siggies have turned into codes which is a big loss...

>:(

[Unknown]

Quote from: ViV on June 09, 2005, 06:07:12 PM
Hmmm.. so from entire conversation... one comes to a conclusion... that there is no specific solution to [ img ][ /img ] tags problem. I never had any faster parsecode or spam-me-not mods added on my board. And the images used to appear perfectly before I ran this upgrade. and I am very sorry to say, after running this upgrade all images in posts, siggies have turned into codes which is a big loss...

>:(

If this is the case, upload all the files from the "upgrade" zip file, instead of using the package.

-[Unknown]

Kindred

I had one forum that came up with the img issue...

I sent into subs.php and copied by hand, the first block of code from the .mod installation file for subs.php...    (that section moves the img command closer to the top of the array, while another command later in the instructions removed the old img command stuff)

Try copying that specific block, by hand, into subs.php...   that solved the problem on my one forum that encountered it...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mennou

my [img[/img] still not yet working on my site... 

Ooli

Upgrade successful, no problems.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ooli

dtm.exe

Quote from: mennou on June 09, 2005, 06:31:28 PM
my [img[/img] still not yet working on my site... 

Remove the faster parsecode mod.

-Dan The Man

mennou

i did remove it..      never worked  out  is there any uninstall  file  for it

dtm.exe

Quote from: mennou on June 09, 2005, 06:39:21 PM
i did remove it..      never worked  out  is there any uninstall  file  for it

Talk to the author of the mod about that one.

-Dan The Man

mennou

am i the only one having this problem??  beside me whoelse  has the same issue

Juggler

I never had that faster parse code mod and also don't have spam me not installed (ever) but the [img] tags are not working since the upgrade to 1.0.4. So I'm sorry to say this but they are NOT the problem. Back to the drawing board guys!
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

dtm.exe

Quote from: mennou on June 09, 2005, 06:42:18 PM
am i the only one having this problem??  beside me whoelse  has the same issue

Quote from: Juggler on June 09, 2005, 06:46:57 PM
I never had that faster parse code mod and also don't have spam me not installed (ever) but the [img] tags are not working since the upgrade to 1.0.4. So I'm sorry to say this but they are NOT the problem. Back to the drawing board guys!

I just thought of something.  Is it only the image tags that aren't working?  Are any of the other tags doing this same thing?

-Dan The Man

mennou

forumite

QuoteThat is not correct!  The Failure notices mean the file contains something the package isn't expecting.

Thanks for the correction [Unknown]. I guess I misunderstood what that pre-install message was saying. Apologies, didn't intend to post incorrect information.

Daniel D.

Quote from: mennou on June 09, 2005, 07:03:38 PM
only the image tag
Did you try the suggestions mentioned in this thread/on this page?

ViV

Thanks a ton Kindred...your small tip did the trick... I manually modified the Subs.php file... ans images are back.... :)

mennou

Advertisement: