SimpleAds 1.0 Beta

Started by [SiNaN], April 28, 2010, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antes

grafitus

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 03, 2010, 08:41:31 AM
Did you re-download the package after this post? That should have already been fixed.
Mmm. I've downloaded at its first day. :)

[SiNaN]

Thanks!

Quote from: Bloc on May 03, 2010, 08:48:44 AM
I particularly like the use of layers and not-very-hard-to-add modifications for templates. I'll certainly add support for it in my themes (those that change Boardindex,Messageindex and Display)

Yeah, I tried to avoid what has been happening with Ad Management mod. I have tested this with a dozen of popular themes at Theme Site and none of them failed with these installation instructions.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Liam.

Okay, when I tested on my local server (WAMP, Windows 7), it seemed to work fine. However, unusually, when I tested it on a clean install of SMF 2.0 RC3 on my live Linux (Cent OS) server, it didn't work.

It showed the links to the admin section of the mod, in the admin panel, however when I went there, it didn't display anything in the content (Edit/Add Ads, Credits, Maintanence, Reports, etc. (but it did show that menu...).

KensonPlays

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/Ads.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/Admin.php on line 868

was going to try it... no failed tests...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Liam. on May 06, 2010, 04:23:33 PM
Okay, when I tested on my local server (WAMP, Windows 7), it seemed to work fine. However, unusually, when I tested it on a clean install of SMF 2.0 RC3 on my live Linux (Cent OS) server, it didn't work.

It showed the links to the admin section of the mod, in the admin panel, however when I went there, it didn't display anything in the content (Edit/Add Ads, Credits, Maintanence, Reports, etc. (but it did show that menu...).

I have never seen that happenning with my tests. I have doubts it's related to the mod, but I could check it if you attached your Admin.php file.

Quote from: Kcmartz on May 11, 2010, 12:54:34 AM
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/Ads.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/Admin.php on line 868

was going to try it... no failed tests...

Where did you download the mod? Error says here is a code in Admin.php trying to include Ads.php file but the file is not there. This mod does not have that file and it doesn't require such a file anywhere. You may still have the remnants of the Ad Management mod on your forum.

KensonPlays

It says failed at uninstall but when I went through with it (like I usually do lol) it was successful...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Kcmartz on May 11, 2010, 01:29:22 AM
It says failed at uninstall but when I went through with it (like I usually do lol) it was successful...

That can sometimes be dangerous and probably the cause here. You need to revert the second edit for that mod in Admin.php. This mod also uses the area name 'ads' so it won't work with that code there.

KensonPlays

Should I attach Admin.php? class is about to start, and I would in third period redo it. or do the tarball and reupload from "before SMF Ads"?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

[SiNaN]

You just need to get the manual installation instructions on the Mod Site for that mod you uninstalled and make sure all edits are cleaned properly.

sAce

Suggestions :
- no ads should display in admin areas by default ( i mean admin chk box is nor required )
- why sub menu ? why not just

Simple ads
- add list
- add ad

[SiNaN]

Quote from: ѕв (๏̯͡๏) on May 12, 2010, 05:11:18 AM
- no ads should display in admin areas by default ( i mean admin chk box is nor required )

It maybe useful sometimes. I would rather keep that behavior.

Quote from: ѕв (๏̯͡๏) on May 12, 2010, 05:11:18 AM
- why sub menu ? why not just

Because of the way areas are handled. It maybe

SimpleAds
+ Ads
  + Ad List
  + Add Ad
+ Positions
  + Position List
  + Add Position

in the future though.

KensonPlays

Sinan, ill haveta do that tomorrow... I mean I have ssh access for my site on my phone, but navigating betwen "connectbot" and "dolphin browser" would be a pain and battery drainer...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: