SMF Development > Next SMF Discussion

Add menu button function

(1/8) > >>

lurkalot:
One of the most asked questions on the forums seems to be, how do I add a button / tab to my menu.

It would be great if the functions off the two mods linked below were actually built into SMF 2.  I'm using both these mods on my RC3 install and it's so, so easy to add new buttons.   8)

Custom site menu

Menu order

Anyone else with me on this?

Ozzie:
umm i wonder where u got that idea from  ;D ;D u know im with u on this

Arantor:
I agree, menu customisation would be good to build in.

At the same time you need to be moderately careful about doing it because modders can and do add interesting things into the menu bar; for example in SimpleDesk we dynamically add a number to the Helpdesk menu item, to represent the number of tickets that are open and that you probably need to look at.

Ozzie:
These two mods individually are great i recommend them all the time to people it would be nice also to have one single mod which combines the functions of both as they work well together

lurkalot:

--- Quote from: OZZIE on April 29, 2010, 01:05:56 PM ---umm i wonder where u got that idea from  ;D ;D u know im with u on this

--- End quote ---

Yep, thanks OZZIE for pointing those mods out to me. So nice not to have to mess about editing files just add a button. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version