News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Replacing icons...

Started by ~DS~, May 01, 2010, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Where are these icons located? I could not find them.  :(
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

sawz

i think those are in Themes/default/images/buttons
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

~DS~

Quote from: sawz on May 01, 2010, 09:05:23 PM
i think those are in Themes/default/images/buttons
I already replace them but it won't change even after hard refresh and clearing forum cache. Nothing. Looks like it's hardcore.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

~DS~

Ok I tried to replace the Facebook Connect image with something else and rename them exactly as should, uploaded. Them image did not change. What's up? Is it because the filesize too big that SMF doesn't allow?

Marcus Forsberg

Those are all located in ./Themes/default/images/theme/, all gathered in the same image.

SN

~DS~

Quote from: Nas on May 02, 2010, 04:30:09 AM
Those are all located in ./Themes/default/images/theme/, all gathered in the same image.
Found it. quickbuttons.png  O_O', How am I suppose to replace image that are gathered in the same image? O_O',

SN

the way i would do it would be....open the original image in Photoshop, then create another layer on top of that. Then place the new images you want directly over the top so you know they are all in the same position as the original image.

then delete the 1st layer, save

Antechinus

ul.quickbuttons li.quote_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.remove_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -30px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.modify_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -60px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.approve_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -90px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.restore_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -120px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.split_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -150px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.reply_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -180px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.reply_all_button
{
}
ul.quickbuttons li.notify_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -210px;
}

Now where do you reckon you might find the name of that image. ;)

This also gives you the alignments for each icon. Of course you can change that if you want bigger or smaller icons.

~DS~

Quote from: SN on May 02, 2010, 04:56:36 AM
the way i would do it would be....open the original image in Photoshop, then create another layer on top of that. Then place the new images you want directly over the top so you know they are all in the same position as the original image.

then delete the 1st layer, save
O_O', Ok, I don't have Photoshop (I am not a designer)  :(
Quote from: Antechinus on May 02, 2010, 04:58:36 AM
ul.quickbuttons li.quote_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.remove_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -30px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.modify_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -60px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.approve_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -90px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.restore_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -120px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.split_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -150px;
}
ul.quickbuttons li.reply_button
{
}
ul.quickbuttons li.reply_all_button
{
}
ul.quickbuttons li.notify_button
{
background: url(../images/theme/quickbuttons.png) no-repeat 0 -210px;
}

Now where do you reckon you might find the name of that image. ;)

This also gives you the alignments for each icon. Of course you can change that if you want bigger or smaller icons.
Where is this exactly? index.css?

Can you explain how this works?

Antechinus

Yes, index.css. The way it works is quite simple (and is similar to other parts of the theme).

You have all the icons stacked vertically in one strip. This strip is positioned differently for each icon. So, the quote icon is at the top of the strip and is positioned accordingly (no-repeat 0 0;). The remove icon is set 30px down the strip. Etc.

~DS~

Advertisement: