News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Repeating Events for Calendar

Started by CiQ, May 02, 2010, 03:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiQ

Link to Mod

Repeating Events for Calendar 1.0

This is a SMF mod that will add repeating events and the Moon Phases to your calendar. It will also allow you to force a specific board for events that are linked to a posting.

To turn on/off the event posting control, go to Admin|Calendar and look for Force default board in events.
Click this option to force event posts to go to the default board.

To turn the display of the Moon Phases on/off, go to Admin|Calendar and scroll to the bottom of the list:

Display Moon phases: Turns the display of the Moon Phases on/off
Moon Phase text color: The color of the text used to display the Moon Phase info.

! This is recoded "Repeating Events for Calendar by Chris Curran" mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=655). !

Enjoy!

[email protected]

CiQ

This mod request calendar module in php. if your php was compiled without calendar module you can add this code:
function gregorianToJD($month, $day, $year)
{
if($month < 3)
{
$month = $month + 12;
$year = $year - 1;
}

$jd = $day + floor((153 * $month - 457) / 5) + 365 * $year
+ floor($year / 4) - floor($year / 100)
+ floor($year / 400) + 1721118.5;

return($jd);

}

function jdtogregorian($julian) {
$julian = $julian - 1721119;
$calc1 = 4 * $julian - 1;
$year = floor($calc1 / 146097);
$julian = floor($calc1 - 146097 * $year);
$day = floor($julian / 4);
$calc2 = 4 * $day + 3;
$julian = floor($calc2 / 1461);
$day = $calc2 - 1461 * $julian;
$day = floor(($day + 4) / 4);
$calc3 = 5 * $day - 3;
$month = floor($calc3 / 153);
$day = $calc3 - 153 * $month;
$day = floor(($day + 5) / 5);
$year = 100 * $year + $julian;

if ($month < 10) {
$month = $month + 3;
}else{
$month = $month - 9;
$year = $year + 1;
}
if ($day < 10) {
$day = "0".$day;
}
if ($month < 10) {
$month = "0".$month;
}
return $month."/".$day."/".$year;
}

in Sources/Calendar.php before
// Show the calendar.
function CalendarMain()

doughboy99

Grfeat job. Is there any chance of getting thid for SMF2?

Chris Curran

Quote from: doughboy99 on September 12, 2010, 07:49:06 PM
Grfeat job. Is there any chance of getting thid for SMF2?

Not unless someone else does it...

shin111

So far I've had no luck getting this mod to work, or the old one, on my 1.1.12 install, or the 1.1.111 install. Don't really have any calendar affecting mods installed either.

The problem is, after the install, both versions of the mod will look like a perfect install, reporting no problems, but when you get to edit an event, the new text for the new functions does not show up.

The new bullets and drop down menus will show, though with nothing in them, and no text. It's not white on white text either, can't highlight it.

No matter what I do I can't get repeating holidays every year on my calendar.  :(

jellie

Works fine for me, all the text shows up where it should be :)

ohiovibe

I run a website that lists all electronic music events in Columbus, OH at hxxp:ohiovibe.net/ [nonactive]   It's almost imperative to have repeating events in the calendar, but I'm forced to create an event for each week the event takes place.  I'm new to forum administration and PHP is really out of my scope of knowledge!  Since I'm running SMF 2.0 RC4, I would really like to help support the development of a repeating event mod for my version of SMF.  I'm sure many others would benefit from this as well.  I'd appreciate any guidance or direction in finding those who can either update code for SMF 2.0 or create a new one altogether.  Thanks!

~Mike
hxxp:ohiovibe.net/ [nonactive]

T3CHN0

Will this mod work for me in 2.0.7?
I want to set dates to repeat in the calendar but there is no option for it in 2.0.7.

NekoJonez

Quote from: T3CHN0 on February 04, 2014, 05:04:56 AM
Will this mod work for me in 2.0.7?
I want to set dates to repeat in the calendar but there is no option for it in 2.0.7.
From what I can gather: no.

Since this is for the v1 series.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NekoJonez

Is there a mod or a feature that adds this to 2.0.7?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

T3CHN0

Nomadikhan

Is there a chance someone would create a mod for this again?  I know it's not super popular but it's quite handy for those that use it.  I'm not sure who or where to ask about something like this.

Kindred

So---   in an effort to "sneak" around the bumping rules, you instead, deleted your previous post and entered the exact same thing with a new date.  Uncool behavior. Don't do it again, or you will be put on post moderation.

Since no one is responding, I would assume that the answer is no, at this time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nomadikhan

Sure, perceive it how you may.  I did it as I personally see single word posts for the sake of bumping as clutter.  It made more sense my way, I'm sorry it's against the rules.  I shan't post here again... save this post :/  Feel free to remove my account.  I tried being polite and this sort of reception, a bully tactic, has me feeling non-welcomed and hesitant to return.  Goodbye.

Kindred

How is warning you to follow the rules and not spam being a bully?
Слaва
Украинi

T3CHN0

You have that effect on people Kindrad, you have made me feel bullied by you a few times and I stay away for a while.
I see nothing wrong with his post even if it may have been a copy and past from another topic "I would never had known".
and it's a clean post all the same nothing wrong with it. better then writing BUMP:

Kindred

It wasn't from another topic...   He posted once. Then a day later, deleted that post and reported the same thing, making it look like a new post.....

As for bullying.  I am blunt. I don't sugar coat things. However, for the most part, I don't think that most folks would see my statements as bullying.  If they do, then they really need to grow a thicker skin if they plan to be on the internet for any length of time....  ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

I'm nobody here but I'm throwing my 2 cents worth in anyway. I have to agree with Kindred. It would have been easy for Nomadikhan to wait a day, then reply with something polite like 'anyone had a chance to look at this yet?' etc. I also agree with the bluntness and thick skin comments.

Can you tell I've been running my own board for going on 12 years now? :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: